Justboom Smart Remote – some buttons not working

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Justboom Smart Remote – some buttons not working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 6. Oktober 2017 at 1:16 #31723

Hi everyone,

I recently received my Raspberry Pi 3 with preconfigured Max2play SD card along with the IOAudiO DAC. I also ordered a Justboom Smart Remote to complement the setup and allow for easier navigation from the comfort of my sofa.

However, I’m having some difficulty with the Justboom smart remote. Its paired okay as I can use the gyro mouse function to navigate the desktop with the max2play logo. The problems seem to start when I enter kodi. I can navigate fine with the gyro mouse and click through menus. However if i do NOT use the gyro mouse and try to navigate using just the arrow buttons the ‚Ok‘ button becomes non-responsive. ie I cant enter into the selected menu. Infact it appears that only the arrow buttons and the back button seem to work okay. Everything else is non responsive. Each button gives a blue light illumination on the physical remote, but for some buttons, Kodi is unresponsive.

I’ve tried repairing the remote to the USB dongle with the power button and the context menu button. Seems to pair fine. Also the ‚Ok‘ button on the remote works fine when on the max2play desktop as I can click on items when i navigate with the gyro mouse.

Is there a mapping file that needs to be checked/corrected in the kodi config?

kind regards

Gray

9. Oktober 2017 at 13:34 #31797

Hi Gray,

Currently, the buttons you are using are the only ones capable of being recognized by Kodi. However, you should be able to navigate any and all features of Kodi with the Smart Remote’s gyro control and the OK button. We are working on a more advanced implementation of the Remote’s features.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here