Jivelite QVGATouchSkin Cuts Off Screen

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Jivelite QVGATouchSkin Cuts Off Screen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 19. April 2018 at 6:25 #35227

I have the Adafruit 2.8″ PiTFT display installed on my Raspberry Pi 3. Jivelite functions, but I can’t see the full screen, even though I’ve installed the 2.8″ skin (QVGATouchSkin) via Max2Play. The right edge bleeds off the display, enough that I can’t see the music note usually in the top right hand corner.

I’ve tried all the different skins in the Jivelite list, but none fit correctly. When I check the display resolution on the desktop, it’s set to 640×480, twice that of the skin. Not sure if that is the issue or not.

Also to note, I couldn’t get the RPi Display plugin to install correctly though the Max2Play browser. Instead I used the Adafruit guide. That could be part of the issue, too.

I’d appreciate help getting this to work correctly. Thanks.

24. April 2018 at 13:51 #35300

Hi sf,

Were you also able to select the QVGA skin in the Jivelite menu itself?

25. April 2018 at 21:53 #35333

Hi,

Yes, I can select any of the skins, and they all adjust the overall image of Jivelite in different ways. Here are what some of them look like:

QVGATOUCH_SKIN – The top left quarter of the screen is all that is used. The rest is blank. So it’s about a fourth of the size of the display.
    QVGA Landscape Skin – Same as above, just the top left quarter is used.
    Joggler Skin – Image is too big. Part of the right and bottom of the display is cut off.
    HD Skin (640×480) – Similar to Joggler Skin, but even more is cut off on the right and bottom of the display.

Thanks for getting back to me.

25. April 2018 at 22:27 #35335

Hi Heiner,

I was able to do some experimenting with the Raspbian config.txt file and I can confirm that by changing the resolution manually in the config file, the QVGATOUCH_Skin now fits correctly. The Raspberry display was previously set to 640×480, which was why the skin was too big. I set it to 320×240 to make it fit.

I’m curious, do you know how I would go about finding or creating a 640×480 skin for Joggler?

27. April 2018 at 10:44 #35358

Hi sf,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Your first address should be the slimdevices forums. There’s an active community of people use and develop for Squeezebox.

Here’s a link

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here