Jivelite problem

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Jivelite problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 24. Mai 2020 at 4:32 #48839

I hope someone can help, i have installed and reinstalled many times using different images of the max2play, The squeezebox player starts and i can get music playing fine, however the only way to get jivelite to run is by plugging a keyboard into the pi and typing
    export DISPLAY=:1
    /opt/jivelite/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    Jivelite then starts and works perfectly,

It does not start again on reboot however and the oly way to start it again is by repeating the above process,
    I have ticked Autostart Jivelite in the web interface and have also tried unticking Autostart Desktop in the settings page,
    When i try to run jivelite via the web interface it says
    Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    JiveLite 0.1.0
    Any help would be great
    i have been trying to find a way of adding the text to the boot menu via ssh but so far have been unsuccesfull
    I am running a Pi 2B

Thanks

26. Mai 2020 at 15:39 #48862

Hi s21,

This might be an issue with the recognition of your screen. Please try connecting the screen before booting and check if the boot sequence is displayed. This should establish the screen so that Jivelite and Kodi can recognize it.

27. Mai 2020 at 0:37 #48864

Hi MarioM thanks for your reply
    The screen is connected before boot up, i can see the boot sequence on the screen, runs for 30-40 seconds and then sits on max2play login:

The max2play web interface works fine as does squeezebox player, just no Jivelite or Desktop starts

Thanks

24. Juni 2020 at 13:22 #49082

Hi s21,

sorry for the late reply. I totally missed your request. Does the problem still occur?
    If so, please check whether the checkboxes for „Reinitialize Display“ in the Jivelite settings, „LCD as Default Display“ in the RPi Display Settings and „Autostart Dekstop“ in Settings/Reboot are checked.

12. August 2020 at 15:32 #49553

Hi,
    I have a newbie question.
    I installed max2play app on my raspberry pi 3b + hfiberry digi. I also installed Squeezebox server which works
    and Jivelite which doesn’t work. Actually, it says on my screen „Status: Jivelite is running with process ID 1374“, but I don’t know how to open it.
    So how to open it, where can I click?
    I watched the video for Jivelite, but there’s „start Jivelite“ button, which I don’t have on my screen.

12. August 2020 at 17:20 #49555

Hi BorisTheBlade

Unfortunately i still cant get jivelite working on my pi2b or pi3b, Though i have had it running on the Pi2b in the past using the older Jessie Lite OS now in the Legacy section (though doesnt support pi3b) Still cant get past the above, I ended up making a new image using PiCorePlayer to check i had everything set up correctly and everything worked first time, including Jivelite on my pi2b and pi3b

Good luck

Cheers

2. September 2020 at 12:04 #49596

Hi everyone,

@BorisTheBlade
    : Does the desktop start if you connect the Pi to a screen via HMDI before booting? If Jivelite’s autostart is activated, it starts automatically after booting. So you probably won’t see the „Start Jivelite“ button, but instead you should see a „Stop Jivelite“ button.

@s21
    Which Max2Play version is running on your Pi 2? Have you already updated the image to the latest version? Do you have the opportunity to test Max2Play with a Pi 3B to rule out that our image has problems with the Pi 2?

2. Oktober 2020 at 17:29 #49789

Hey all,
    Jivelite didn’t work properly, so I updated everything on my raspi3 and now m2play says about jivelite:

Versucht zu starten … NICHT Erfolgreich Hier klicken für weitere Informationen

JiveLite 0.1.0
    Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

I tried reset and reinstall, but didn’t work. Any idea, what else to do?

Sebastian

6. Oktober 2020 at 13:11 #49797

Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately, we cannot help you specifically, as we do not know what and how you updated your system. I can therefore only recommend you to burn a new image on the SD card and try Jivelite with it again.

10. November 2020 at 19:07 #50111

Hi M2P.

Is it possible to run Jivelite without a screen please? Jivelite and a 7″ screen worked really well with a RPI 3B+ and allowed me to use a FLIRC USB dongle for remote control. I’m now running M2P headless on a RPI 4 but would still like to use the FLIRC dongle. Problem is Jivelite won’t install because a screen isn’t found – any ideas / work arounds for a noob?

Thanks,

James

12. November 2020 at 17:53 #50211

Hi James,

Jivelite should normally be pre-installed on Max2play. It should also start without any problems without a connected display. Do you have the option of temporarily connecting a display for the Jivelite installation?

13. November 2020 at 0:52 #50212

Hi MarioM,

So when I start Jivelite I get „Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information. JiveLite 0.1.0″ Have tried updating / resetting etc.

I guess I could remove the Pi2AES hat and try the 7“ screen from the RPI 3B+ I was using but assuming this did work, wouldn’t the screen need to stay connected?

Thanks.

13. November 2020 at 14:42 #50213

Hi James,

If you check „re-initialize display“ before you start Jivelite without a connected display, Jivelite should start.

Edit: That only seems to work after booting up the Pi. If you then stop and restart Jivelite, it will no longer work. Only after restarting the system.

Jivelite is a desktop visualization for the Squeezebox Server, so a screen is recommended in any case. It is not intended to operate Jivelite without a display. Do you still use the other Pi with the 7″ display? If so, you can switch the player there to the Pi 4 and use it to control that player.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by MarioM.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by MarioM.
    13. November 2020 at 17:20 #50216

Hi MarioM,

Thanks for your help with this. When I check „re-initialize display“ I get the following error „Restart Desktop-Manager completed (initialized Display)
    Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    /opt/max2play/dynamic_script.sh: line 4: i: command not found“.

I have clean power supplies to all my audio gear and don’t want to introduce a screen and likely noise. I also like the minimalism of a headless set up but would like to use FLIRC so I don’t need to use my laptop / smartphone just to forward tracks or change volume etc.

Cheers.

17. November 2020 at 15:39 #50257

Hi James,

Unfortunately we cannot solve the display problem. The real problem is the USB remote control though. For IR remote controls we offer the possibility to control Squeezelite directly. However, this simple option for USB remote controls does not exist. Squeelite only offers IR support and since it runs in the background, control via keyboard commands (which the USB remote control uses) is not possible.
    So either you switch to an IR remote control or continue to use your smartphone with apps such as iPeng or Squeezer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here