Jivelite freezes after days of use

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Jivelite freezes after days of use

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 20. November 2020 at 15:02 #50290

Hi,

I running latest M2P on a PI3B+ equipped with Allo Boss soundcard and 7“ display. Everyting updated regularly (including latest Jivelite binrary from M2P server).
    The issue I’m currently facing is a freezing Jivelite interface after days(sometimes weeks) of use. There’s no need to reboot. Webinterface is responsive (audio playback controll via web interface or App does still work) and it’s sufficient to restart Jivelite from Webinterface.

Anyone seen this behaviour before?
    Is this a Jivelite issue or may it be related to the display server underneath?
    Are there any Jivelite logs, which may provide more information?

Thanks,
    Toby

24. November 2020 at 13:33 #50329

Hi streumix,

The problem is very difficult to narrow down if it only occurs every few days or weeks. In our tests, we rarely ran Jivelite for more than a day at a time and have not discovered such a bug in the past.

You can activate logging for certain services and applets in the advanced settings of Jivelite. Apart from that you can take a look at the debug info at the bottom of the Jivelite plugin of the Max2Play web interface.

17. Dezember 2023 at 16:28 #52992

I have the same problem over years not only with the original 7″ Raspberry display and but also with the 2.8″ Watterott Touchdisplay. I followed several updates over the years but this issue allway remains.
    I use RasperryPi 3 & 3B+ as Squeezelite clients with USB audio speakers (Jivelite on 2.8″ Watterott) and also other with hifiberry amp+ (Jivelite on 7″ Raspberry display). And one raspberry 3b+ as an LMS server and client with hifiberry DAC+ (without an display)
    max2play. The OS and Squeezelite service is allways stable without issues but Jivelite stays unstable over years.
    So, what do you find out what could be the problem and hopefully the solution?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here