Jessie-based image

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 1. März 2016 at 15:38 #18905

Hi q20,
    Good timing on your part! We are just now getting ready to roll out version 2.28 of Max2Play based on Jessie (https://www.max2play.com/en/changelog-max2play/). You can already check it out by updating to the latest beta of Max2Play.

1. März 2016 at 15:58 #18912

Hoorah! Will max2play initiate an upgrade to Jessie or will we need to start with a fresh image?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by q20.
    1. März 2016 at 17:08 #18942

The beta is available for download on our download page: https://www.max2play.com/en/max2play-image/
    An update will not suffice.

1. März 2016 at 19:13 #18952

Absolutely great news!!!!

2. März 2016 at 20:16 #19028

Hello Heiner,

would this be the right place for errors found in the in the beta?

Nethertheless here are the first two hints:
    1. rpi-update is not installed in jessie lite
    2. On Raspberry Pi 3 the wps doesn’t work with new integrated WiFi

3. März 2016 at 16:30 #19074

OK, I’ve just started testing the 228 beta. Has the root password changed from max2play to something else? I’m unable to authenticate as root over SSH…

3. März 2016 at 17:16 #19102

Hallo all!

@Bort
    : Thank you for your feedback. We will show your obervations (also those you might add in the future) to our developer.

@q20
    : Yes, the root access has changed in the new Jessie build. Log in as user „pi“ as usual, enter „su“ and „max2play“ to get root access.

Maximilian from Max2Play

4. März 2016 at 20:43 #19119

Hallo,
    unfortunately, the command apt-get update && apt-get upgrade destroys the system on boot (raspberry pi 3 only).
    Version Beta:
    – 160301 runs
    – 160303 crash

edit:
    After replacing the micro SD card Samsung 16GB for cheap Medion 16GB from Aldi everything works. Strange because for raspberry pi 2 there was no problems… maybe the problem was with the update by shh.

Best regards
    Robert

7. März 2016 at 16:51 #19151

News:

• most apps are working with the RPi 3 and the current Beta (make sure to update to latest Max2Play-beta)
    • WPS is currently not working with Raspberry Pi 3 integrated WiFi (thanks Bort for investigating) – I think there are some driver issues that need to be solved. External USB-Wi-Fi sticks are working with WPS.
    • I built a bluetooth addon that wants to be tested – if you like you can get it from http://shop.max2play.com/media/downloadable/beta/bluetooth.tar – this will let you connect to bluetooth speakers and let kodi / squeezelite and other players use it as audio output

If you want to upgrade to the latest packages, you should call „apt-get update && apt-get upgrade“. This can also be done at the bottom of the web interface on the Raspberry PI Settings Addon.

I am still testing and preparing to build the final version of Max2Play 2.28. If you experience any problems in the Beta with Kodi 15.2 or other Addons, this is the place to post them 🙂

All the best
    Stefan

12. März 2016 at 15:45 #19228

Now I have got „Version 2.28 Raspberry PI“ and and also information: „Your license could not be validated“

best regards
    Robert

13. März 2016 at 22:38 #19240

@bobsilesia – ditto 🙁

14. März 2016 at 11:14 #19249

Hi,

I am sorry, but the licence verification was not available on the weekend due to some changes in our server architecture (bringing SSL encryption). It is now working again. If your licence is not marked as active please remove your email / licence code, click save and enter it again to make sure it is updated and saved.

@Robert
    : I had to remove your post about how to bypass validation.

16. März 2016 at 9:19 #19306

Since this topic has become a catch-all for the Jessie beta, I thought I’d mention another issue: when attempting to install and run the Squeezebox server, it errors:

Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
    Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
    #2) Think before you type.
    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Any ideas?

16. März 2016 at 12:06 #19307

@q20: never had such an error. Installation and Startup on every testsetup went OK so far. Did you change something else on your SD-Card-image? The error is indicating missing user rights to start the squeezebox server – maybe your installation is broken (SD-card error). In this case you should start with a fresh SD-Card-Image.

Make sure to install Squeezebox Server Nightly 7.9 (otherwise it won’t start because of missing libraries).

16. März 2016 at 17:34 #19315

@flysurfer: bummer… could you maybe think of a quick fix to apply the correct user rights to the startup process? If not, I’ll reinstall. :p

7.9 nightly was definitely installed.

16. März 2016 at 17:44 #19317

@q20: I cannot really help, because there might be different problems that lead to the error. You may change permissions of the launch script by using „sudo chmod 777 /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver“ but I don’t know why this script has not the rights to start… a reinstall is probably the easiest and fastest solution.

16. März 2016 at 17:54 #19319

@flysurfer: chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver’: No such file or directory

I can confirm the file does not exist. Could it be the installer failed? Can I attempt a manual install of the squeezebox server?

16. März 2016 at 17:59 #19320

Attempted dpkg -i

Errors were encountered while processing:
    logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1458127503_all.deb

16. März 2016 at 18:03 #19321

OK, seems the SD card is full. No idea how. I’m going to start again. 🙁

17. März 2016 at 19:08 #19340

So, another issue with the beta (and why I ran into issues before); re-sizing the SD card does not work. I’ve tried on both 32GB and 8GB cards without luck. 🙁

If I attempt to resize using raspi-config:
    mmcblk0p2 is not the last partition. Don’t know how to expand.

EDIT: after a couple of reboots and updating the max2play beta, it’s all resolved itself…

1. März 2018 at 23:21 #34171

Heya!

Well – I am trying to set up a multiroomsystem with a Raspberry Pi 2B as the SqueezeboxServer and it seems that I’m running into the same issue like q20.

I can install the Squeezbox Server itself, but when I’m trying to launch it, I am getting this error:

I allready disassambled another old project from me to try another Raspberry Pi 2B, bu I am getting the same issue.
    I also tryed different SD-Cards with different sizes, I downloaded the aktual image, used Nightly 7.9, tryed also the newest Beta (180301).
    And of course I restarted my Raspi like a crazy guy….

What can I do else?

Here is a screenshot.

4. März 2018 at 11:27 #34199

Hi,

same problem here:

Kay

5. März 2018 at 15:03 #34213

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing. The issue seems to be exclusive to the 7.9 nightly. For now, please install the normal 7.9 version.

We will look into this and update the thread when we found out what’s wrong with the Nightly.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here