29. January 2016 at 19:29 #18248
I’ve installed Max2PLay version for IQAUdio and first tried the ‘simple’ set-up with MPD.
1. ympd accesses the music that’s on a USB stick on the pi – but won’t play. Music is in FLAC format – is that the issue?
2.I went for the ‘Advanced’ set-up as this is where I want to end up – a multi-room set-up. Installed, but LMS can’t find the music on the USB. Under a previous setup the path was /mnt/usb/FLAC but now nothing under any of the folders, but I know it’s there…..
3. Can the 2 set-ups co-exist?
4.Then I saw a reminder to expand my file system, so I clicked that under System.reboot and got the following message:
Resize Filesystem: sda1
No Resize possible – no valid partition found to expand. Contact Max2Play-Support to add support for further file-systems.
Make sure to disconnect all USB-drives and Memory-Cards and do a reboot before expanding the filesystem!
SD card is a 16GB so should be plenty of space.
What newby errors have I committed?29. January 2016 at 20:29 #18249
1. ympd will play radio but now won’t find the directly-plugged-in usb stick with ripped music on
2. LMS can’t find music and won’t play radio
I suspect the above issues are because I haven’t yet set the correct file system mount point – what should tha be for a usb stick plugged directly into the pi?
3. I think I’ve figured out that both MPD and Squeezeserver can’t both be rumming at the same time – but please correct me, and also inform me if the 2 are mutually incompatible and therefore I need to uninstall MPD (and how do I do that?)
4. Sorted file system expansion having removed the USB stick first. Now not flagging up as short on space.30. January 2016 at 15:48 #18259
Started again: reformatted SD card, imaged m2p_iqaudio, rebooted pi, logged on to Max2Play, selected IQAudio card, restarted.
Expanded filesystem, updated Max2PLay, reboot.
Selected Advanced set-up under IQAudio, installed Squeezebox 7.9. Opened Logitech Media Server. It found the (previously missing) USB stick that I had just inserted. Rescanned music database….and it works.
Repeated the process on a second SD card for a second IQAdio player in another room, but didn’t install Sqeezebox server – found that squeeezelite is already installed. Found the new player from it’s web address (located via my router), selected IQAudio, expanded filesystem.
Now both players up and running, either synchronised or playing different music in each room. Both are wired into a home network.
Success! The IQAUdio DAC sounds fantastic. Both are operated using Orangesqueeze on an Android phone.
Next question – how do I adjust ALSA volume in the Max2PLay settings? IQAUdio recommend turning down the ALSA volume to around 81%, so how do I do that?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.