Is there something working on max2play?

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Is there something working on max2play?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 28. August 2016 at 19:04 #22681

Hello to everyone.
    Excuse for my English.

Some days ago, I know, around the net, max2play.
    I already have a raspberry with kodi, squeezelite, jivelite and jasper.
    max2play seems have all in one with a nice interface. So I decided to try.
    I bought a premium account to test something usefull to me (jasper, jivelite…)

Now…
    It doesn’t recognize my bluetooth.
    It recognize my wifi dongle, find network, but doesn’t get an IP… I solved manually with config file.
    Install Speech control. it says all ok and reboot. But nothing. It says to me to install it. I tried for 3 times, 6 (SIX!!!) hours for every time, but nothing.

So I guess… without a premium account max2play, installing all by myself, all working.
    Why max2play? Why buy something doesn’t work???

I’m disappointed for this

30. August 2016 at 15:42 #22765

none?
    Speechcontrol doesn’t work?

30. August 2016 at 16:31 #22767

Hello Arianna and welcome in our forum.

Thanks for your request. To help you I need some informations from you. Can you describe your setup, please.

1.) Which Raspberry Pi do you use? So I can see you if you use the onboard bluetooth of the Raspberry Pi 3 or a bluetooth dongle and a wifi dongle.

2.) Which power supply? (2A or 2.5A)

3.) Is something on the usb ports of the Raspberry Pi?

4.) Is it the already the current Version of Max2Play? (Max2Play Version 2.35)

5.) Could you also share the debug information of the speech control menu? You can find it at the buttom of the site.

Best Regards

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Christoph.
    30. August 2016 at 16:40 #22769

this about speech control?
    I think the problem isn’t hardware. I found error in installation script (as inexistent url, moreover my raspberry, with max2play image, doens’t reach github for some problem with 443 port)

I installed manually jasper, espeak, phonetisaurus… now I get

*             JASPER - THE TALKING COMPUTER           *
    * (c) 2015 Shubhro Saha, Charlie Marsh & Jan Holthuis *
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
    ALSA lib conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
    etc etc

infact cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0 isn’t card to use! Where i must configure it???

For Bluetooth:
    1.) Which Raspberry Pi do you use? So I can see you if you use the onboard bluetooth of the Raspberry Pi 3 or a bluetooth dongle and a wifi dongle.
    Raspberry 2, so I use a dongle BT (I specify in another post)

2.) Which power supply? (2A or 2.5A)
    In this moment 2A. But I test with 2.5A too and even with an alimented hub usb

3.) Is something on the usb ports of the Raspberry Pi?
    I tested with only bt and with an hub usb too. Using ethernet, so I remove wifi dongle

4.) Is it the already the current Version of Max2Play? (Max2Play Version 2.35)

5.) Could you also share the debug information of the speech control menu? You can find it at the buttom of the site.

#### JASPER Installed ####

#### ESPEAK Installed ####

#### POCKETSPHINX Installed ####

#### JASPER Running ####

30. August 2016 at 17:52 #22771

For Speech Control:
    – Espeak now work (obviously I must specify parameter for audio card. Don’t work on „default“)
    – Jasper, with –local parameter works. –local for text recognition.
    Now if I test PocketSphinx with pocketsphinx_continuous -inmic yes
    this start, but after I get
    Warning: Could not find Mic element
    Warning: Could not find Capture element

Probably I must specify soundcard. How?

Thanks

Added:
    When I try to start Speech Control from web interfaces, I get:
    „Install Jasper, Google STT, ESpeak TTS
    Qualcosa è andato storto con l’ultimo tentativo di installazione – cancellare il file di installazione e riprovare“

Moreover… Google STT???
    It’s commented in script install_jasper.sh!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Arianna. Reason: Added info
    31. August 2016 at 14:00 #22781

Hi Arianna,
    Sorry about the confusion. The speech control plugin is an incomplete alpha version without technical support as stated in the plugin’s description (https://www.max2play.com/en/portfolio/plugin-speech-control/). We have had some negative experience with Jasper and decided to focus on different plugins.
    The reason we are shifting our focus is that we are working on a bigger plugin for voice recognition and control. The beta to this plugin can also be tested already, however the features are not ready yet. But, it does automatically generate http-commands for our main plugins like Jivelite, Kodi and Squeezebox Server. Check it out if you like.

Regarding the specification of your sound card, I presume of your own install of Jasper, you can find out the location and identity of your sound card by typing „alsamixer“ as command in the console (login: pi pw: raspberry).

31. August 2016 at 14:12 #22782

Hello Heiner.
    Thank you for reply.
    I’m trying to restart from an empty SD card on an old raspberry B+
    12 hours to compile ahahahahah …and has not yet finished 😛

I would a very light version of „Siri“.
    „What is the weather like?“ „Are there new mail?“ etc etc

Notes:
    in your install_jasper.sh
    I changes
    wget https://phonetisaurus.googlecode.com/files/is2013-conversion.tgz
    with
    wget https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/phonetisaurus/is2013-conversion.tgz

and after:
    cd phonetisaurus-0.7.8/
    cd src
    sudo make
    cd ..
    sudo cp phonetisaurus-0.7.8/phonetisaurus-g2p /usr/local/bin/phonetisaurus-g2p

with
    cd is2013-conversion/
    cd phonetisaurus/
    cd src
    sudo make
    cd ..
    sudo cp is2013-conversion/phonetisaurus-g2p /usr/local/bin/phonetisaurus-g2p

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Arianna.
    2. September 2016 at 1:50 #22836

After many (so many) times, I was able to get the audio (USB & BT) configured, wifi, jasper (I only tested the tts, not stt) etc etc
    So I made an image to not start over every time.

Now I still have two one problems:
    1) fails to install anything that comes from Git (in general with https port 443)
    Connect to github.com (github.com) | 192.30.253.112 |: 443 ... failed: No route to host.
    I have no proxy and nameserver in resolv.conf is ok (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)

SOLVED.
    I found changes on the interfaces file (???)
    2) if I install Rpi display for adafruit 2.8 the screen remains blank
    SOLVED.
    a) There was a link behind the display that had broken away
    b) In max2play wabapplication I always read „RPi-Display Touchscreen Setup“.
    This is because in rpitouchdisplay/controller/Setup.php there is:
    `private function getAddonVersion(){
    if(strpos($this->getConfigFileParameter(‚/boot/config.txt‘, ‚dtoverlay‘), ‚rpi-display‘) !== FALSE || strpos($this->getConfigFileParameter(‚/opt/max2play/options.conf‘, ‚display‘), ‚7inch‘) !== FALSE){
    $this->view->installed = true;
    }else{
    $this->view->installed = false;
    }
    return true;
    }`
    with only rpi-display and 7inch. Missing pitft28r

In if condition, I added: strpos($this->getConfigFileParameter('/boot/config.txt', 'dtoverlay'), 'pitft28r') !== FALSE ||

Sorry for the English, just to explain what I’m doing:

4 raspberry , 5 rooms.
    In every room there is a raspberry with squeezelite (the server is on a PC).
    Only one raspberry has multisqueeze to run on two rooms (one with bluetooth speaker)
    In one room, raspberry will also work with kodi.
    I add a picture that is better than how I write in English
    Red color is that I have yet to.
    And, as I said, for now, I tested only tts, not stt

Raspberry schema

After I will be happy to share with you my plugin.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Arianna. Reason: solved route problem
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Arianna. Reason: solved diaply problem
    4. September 2016 at 2:01 #22860

Me again.
    And still a problem.
    I enabled jivelite autostart.
    When I turn off my raspberry, webapplication says jivelite is running, but the display remains on startx desktop.
    To start I have to stop by the web application and then restart it.
    Why?

Thanks.

7. September 2016 at 13:45 #22900

Hi Arianna,
    This might be due to another service starting the xServer in the background causing Jivelite to start but not be displayed on the screen you want it to.
    Please try burning a fresh 7″ display image, it should make jivelite work on your 7″ touchscreens from the first boot.

8. September 2016 at 19:25 #22937

Hello Heiner!
    I was referring to a display Adafruit 2.8.
    I solved by changing the starting time of vnc.

I remind you that I don’t speak English very well, so maybe I express myself badly… Excuse me!

Now this is may situation:
    raspberry

But…On hostname NIGHT I’ve two problem:
    1) No audio from Kodi. Squeezelive use bluetooth (pulseaudio) and it works. In Kodi I set (System->Setting->Audio to HDMI), but nothing! My primary display is HDMI.
    2) 7′ LCD display and HDMI don’t work together! I had thought to set Kodi over HDMI and Jivelite over 7′ LCD display. But only display I choose like primary work! If I use VNC I see Kodi on HDMI and Jivelite on VNC!

Any tips?

8. September 2016 at 20:24 #22938

But…On hostname NIGHT I’ve two problem:
    1) No audio from Kodi. Squeezelive use bluetooth (pulseaudio) and it works. In Kodi I set (System->Setting->Audio to HDMI), but nothing! My primary display is HDMI.

Solved with this in config.txt:

hdmi_mode=5
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_drive=2
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    lcd_rotate=2
    #display_default_lcd=1
    hdmi_safe=1

2) 7′ LCD display and HDMI don’t work together! I had thought to set Kodi over HDMI and Jivelite over 7′ LCD display. But only display I choose like primary work! If I use VNC I see Kodi on HDMI and Jivelite on VNC!

I’m doing various tests

17. September 2016 at 13:33 #23077

Any news?
    I don’t solve it 🙁

10. Oktober 2016 at 13:10 #23341

Hi Arianna,
    Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, your proposed simultaneous use is not possible. You can only use one of the two systems at a time. Kodi should automatically shut down once Jivelite is started and vice versa.

13. Oktober 2016 at 21:33 #23414

So, can’t I use HDMI and LCD Display together? 🙁

none try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ouG1VmD88 ?

18. Oktober 2016 at 13:53 #23437

Currently we do not have a solution to make this happen. However, if you are working on it, we would love it if you shared your results.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here