Is there an 'enhanced' web interface?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Is there an 'enhanced' web interface?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 29. April 2019 at 4:07 #45169

I am currently experimenting with the prebuilt ‚MPD‘ distribution of M2P. The default web interface is ympd, which is rather spartan for my tastes.
    I there another webinterface available that has such things as: shows album art?, browse music library based on gener, artists, etc. and easily creates playlists?
    (I am thinking of something along the lines of the web based browser used by Volumio)
    thanks
    J

30. April 2019 at 14:33 #45185

Hello J,

For the advanced user interfaces, album art, playback options, control features, etc. please try the Squeezebox Server and Squeezelite. The MPD player is really just that, a simple audio player at its most basic. There is also Ampache as a visual component for MPD but generally MPD is not Max2Play’s core feature.

2. Mai 2019 at 16:36 #45217

Hi:
    thanks for your help. After dealing with this and issues in other areas of this program, I decided to go a different route for my audio player.
    J

3. Mai 2019 at 9:53 #45225

That’s sad to hear, I do recommend you try out advanced setup some time. It’s Max2Play’s true strength and the ideal starting point for multiroom and multimedia applications.

3. Mai 2019 at 15:14 #45245

Thanks for the suggestion but that approach is overkill for my application. Even now, I don’t want to invest more time into something where, for me, the basic configuration has problems. My rational is that if the ’simpler‘ config has fundamental issues, the more robust system probably would, and would be more difficult to sort out. Sorry, didn’t want to invest the time. In addition, there doesn’t seem to be a very active community on the forums and while I am not impatient, the lag time from questions to answers was too much for me.
    If I get to the situation where the multi room approach fits, I’ll consider it.
    Best regards,
    J

6. Mai 2019 at 11:04 #45268

Thanks for the follow-up, let us know if you get back into it. The „advanced“ setup really is our main expertise and like with the starter, you get set up everything through our web interface. There’s also more tutorials and help documentation than you can read if you want to set up a specific application.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here