Is there a global built-in volume control for max2Play multiroom setup ?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Is there a global built-in volume control for max2Play multiroom setup ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 4. Juni 2022 at 23:14 #52248

Hi,

After a few months of usage I’ve still not found how to efficiently set up volume.

I navigate through jivelite interface to switch the squeezlite players,
    then go to settings
    then pair or unpair devices
    then start music
    then switch device to adjust volume
    then switch device to pair / unpair
    etc.

I spend a lot of time switching devices controls and I wonder if there’s not a feature (premium or not) that helps for that.

I’ve started to build a control panel in openHab but faced two main issues :
    – I’ve not been able to find master volume control for all player (maybe should I write a script for that!?)
    – on my raspberrypi 7″ touch screen, when I open openHab on firefox, within a minute, jivelite pops back up and I hide openHab which dissuade me to use it so far as I would like to use both of them (and not deactivate jivelite).

If there is a jivelite plugin / sqeezbox plugin / lms plugin / max2play plugin / or else solution ? I’ll be glad to know more about it

And if exists with a graphical equalizer it would be more than welcome 😉

Thank you for help

8. Juni 2022 at 11:21 #52251

Hi Jack,

As far as I know, there is no master fader for all players in the Multiroom system. So you would really have to build one yourself with openHAB or via script.
    In the API Examples plugin you can see the commands to change the volume of a player. You could then copy these into your script or openHAB.

Btw, in the LMS settings, you have the option of synchronising the volume of already synchronised players. Perhaps the LMS plugin „Group Players“ could also be interesting for you. If I am not mistaken, with this plugin it is possible to control the volume of groups.

14. Oktober 2022 at 22:36 #52435

Hi,

I’ve been able to build the openhab panel with individual volume control and a master „+“ button and a „-“ button.

As on a 7″ screen, sliders are not so userfirendly, I’ve chose + and – buttons for each SqueezelitePlayers.

Each buttons (+ – for a single player or master) send a text command to a model variable I’ve created „increment_volume_params“ defined as String.

When this variable recive a command, a JS code is executed (openhab rule).

In this code I check wether it is a plus command or a minus command and get the playerName encoded ex : plus_kitchen, minus_kitchen, plus_master, minus_master, etc)

The command is read with something like this :
    var increment_volume_params_state = itemRegistry.getItem(‚increment_volume_params‘).state;

For a player, I get the current volume with squeezebox binding and increment or decrement this value with a constant step (ex: 1) and sent this back to the current player.

For master volume I do that for each players of my network.

It’s very nice to use it

Thanks for the tip!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here