Intranet solution for audio (and maybe video) stream

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Intranet solution for audio (and maybe video) stream

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 3. Januar 2019 at 21:54 #43094

Hi,

I’m looing for a solution for a church to stream an audio stream from a building to another building. Both have no internet-access, so the commuication needs to run in a private network. My idea is to span a Wifi-connetion from the church to the neighbor building.

Now I need a server which is connected to the sound system and generates the stream and one (or more) clients which receive the stream and send it to whatever kind of loudspeakers, TVs, …

It looks attractive to me to use Raspberry PIs for all of these Server/client jobs and some old FritzBoxes for the Wifi-connections. Before I start with the experiment, I want to ask you if M2P might be a good solution for this and if anyone has some recommondations how to do this?

Which RasPi would you recoomend? (Zero, or the larger ones?)

Thanks
    Sascha

7. Januar 2019 at 14:44 #43202

Hi Sascha,

The biggest challenge in this setup will be to establish a stable wireless connection. Depending on the distance, this might be tough.

You should probably use additional WiFi dongles with antenna to increase the connection strength. But even then, your routers need to have a great connection in order have an acceptable signal.

If at all possible, I would recommend considering an option with ethernet cable.

7. Januar 2019 at 22:24 #43221

I think the distance is not too critical, this should work but I need to see. Cable is hard, if not, we would simply put a audio cable there.
    But would M2P the right approach to achieve the streaming?
    Thanks
    Sascha

8. Januar 2019 at 13:38 #43260

Yes, obviously it depends on various factors but you can just try it out. The server and audioplayers are free plugins as is the image download. If you have two Pis already, set both up as players and one as server and see how the sync works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here