Installing rotary encoder software

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Installing rotary encoder software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 31. Juli 2018 at 22:41 #36803

I’ve connected my encoder, and I’m trying to install the software. For some reason, probably because I have attempted to enable multiple access points, I cannot change access point, and the option to wake up as it’s own access point seems to have got lost… The access point I’m using works ok for my PC etc, but is a bit slow, but when I try to install the encoder software I get this:

No internet connection available!
    Err:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease
    Temporary failure resolving ‚archive.raspberrypi.org‘
    Err:2 http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch InRelease
    Temporary failure resolving ‚mirrordirector.raspbian.org‘
    Reading package lists…
    Reading package lists…
    Building dependency tree…
    Reading state information…
    finished – Reboot needed: Click here to Restart Device

I cannot tell from this if the software has installed or not, but as the encoder doesn’t work, I’m assuming it hasn’t installed. Is there any way to install it manually, or at least convincing Max2Play that I have got an internet connection?

1. August 2018 at 14:04 #36807

Hi jem,

You can try connecting an ethernet cable, reboot the pi, reinstall the encoder and reboot again and disconnect the ethernet cable.

1. August 2018 at 14:09 #36808

I eventually sorted it out by re-flashing my card, and then linking to a different access point, the software then downloaded fine, and I got the encoder working, though mine also required a +5v feed, so it’s a four wire installation.

Just need to do the physical installation, and find a suitable knob, and my project is almost complete.

1. August 2018 at 15:38 #36809

Thanks for the quick update!

FYI: we have an aluminium volume knob for our rotary encoder in our shop, i linked it 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here