Instability starting DigiOne (Allo) with Max2Play

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Instability starting DigiOne (Allo) with Max2Play

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 16. Juli 2017 at 18:46 #29927

Beginning of this week I received my new streamer-hat, DigiOne from Allo. I installed Max2Play (on RPI-3) and selected Allo DigiOne after startup. Selected Advanced and put a tick next to Autostart Squeezelit. Reboot. However, SqueezeLite was not running. With some random fiddling, such as installing the beta Max2Play, upgrade the kernel, update all packages and/or changing settings, it happens sometimes that after reboot suddenly SqueezeLite runs. And I can stream music! All remains stable untill I finish the listening session and I stop the Raspberry. Whenever I start the PI again, every time SqueezeLite is again not running. When checking the detailed information, this is the error I receive:

Mediaplayer Squeezelite & Airplay – Status, Start / Stop
    Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    [17:58:35.629847] test_open:384 playback open error: No such device
    [17:58:35.630045] output_init_common:382 unable to open output device

It doesn’t look like a hardware fault, it looks like a software/driver/whatever bit problem. Any suggestion?? Thanks….Peter…

N.b. I just did an Update all packages (again) and after reboot squeezeLite is running. But I know, when I stop the PI and restart again, the problem is there.

16. Juli 2017 at 20:35 #29928

It looks like I have solved it! In a very sophisticated and technical manner 🙂 .Somewhere I read the suggestion from Allo to disassemble all and to assemble the DigiOne with the Raspberry again. I have done that and restarting looks stable now. I have rebooted Max2Play 4 times now and everytime I have a running SqueezeLite and music. Like it should 🙂 ..

For the ones who are interested, Max2Play with the Allo DigiOne is a great combo. I had the HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, but the DigiOne sounds a lot better, so the HifiBerry has been sold already..let’s keep fingers crossed that the solution found is a definitive solution. If not I’ll come back.

19. Juli 2017 at 16:38 #29975

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the follow-up and the possible solution to your problem. If there is any new development, please let us know 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here