Inputs, especially original Wolfson board

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Inputs, especially original Wolfson board

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 3. Februar 2016 at 10:20 #18335

Hello,
    Firstly, love the new Max2Play / Squeezeplug evolution – wonderful, and great work, guys!
    Secondly, I have a number of Pies, B+ and version 2, and all works great with Max2Play with Squeezeplug, but what I need, in my fallback setup is the ability either via HDMI or 3.5mm plug to input audio into a Pi when the Internet isn’t available. Logically, I’ve tried via the Wolfson board, but after some frustrating days, I can’t get it to work.
    Any suggestions for either a new plugin, or way to get the Wolfson board working, or even a different daughter board?
    Thanks for your attention to this matter!

18. Februar 2016 at 15:02 #18577

Hi Bazzzer,
    Please try out our new image. The old collaboration with Squeezeplug is not up to date on all our features. The version 2.26 is up for download and even supports the kernel upgrade with the Cirrus Logic card without any problems. Download the image, expand the filesystem, update the image (2.27) and upgrade the kernel.

22. Februar 2016 at 20:16 #18634

Hello Heiner,

Thanks for the below.

I have tried your suggestion, but it still doesn’t work (I, if I use the
    Wolfson board input and output I get no result).

I think you misunderstand my email / post. I am not using the old squeezeplug,
    I am using the OLD, ORIGINAL Wolfson board!

The version of Max2Play is 2.27 – the latest squeezeplug version.

What I did not do is update the kernel etc., but I have now done that to
    no result…

Thanks,
    Barry

23. Februar 2016 at 13:06 #18650

Hi Bazzzer,

Thank you for your reply.

You wrote

I am not using the old squeezeplug, I am using the OLD, ORIGINAL Wolfson board!

and

The version of Max2Play is 2.27 – the latest squeezeplug version.

Heiner was not referring to your hardware, but to the Max2Play image you use. We recommend to retry the set up of your Wolfson sound card with the latest Raspberry Pi Default Image available instead of continue with the Squeezeplug Image which indeed has some not updated components, e.g. Kernel and certain packages. To be more precise: If your Image comes with the Squeezeplug logo on the browser interface, please switch over to the default image and choose „Wolfson/Cirrus Logic sound card“ from the list at „Raspberry Settings“.

Maximilian from Max2Play

24. Februar 2016 at 15:36 #18705

Hello All,
    Thanks for your previous suggestions.

Everything works, _except_ all I want to do is input via, say, a 3.5mm plug (although anything physical would be OK) audio _into_ the / any Max2Play setup.

That’s all!
    (I have Raspberry Pi B+ and/or 2)

Any suggestions..?..!
    Thanks,

24. Februar 2016 at 16:02 #18706

Hi Bazzzer,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems we still did not get your problem. According to your previous posts, we got the impression several times that you do not get your Wolfson board to work at all:

I’ve tried via the Wolfson board, but after some frustrating days, I can’t get it to work — way to get the Wolfson board working

Is your issue, accordingly, about how to process audio inputs with your – already correctly installed and working – Wolfson sound card?

Maximilian from Max2Play

24. Februar 2016 at 16:12 #18708

Hello Max,

To clarify things: All I want to do is input, physically audio into a Raspberry Pi, either version B or 2.

I thought a path would be my old Wolfson card, but no go.

I don’t need, necessarily, to use the Wolfson, but I do need to input the audio 🙂

Thanks,
    Barry

26. Februar 2016 at 17:22 #18793

Hello Bazzzer,

we don’t know what you will do with the audio once it is inside the Pi. However, the Wolfson board with its Line In and S/PDIF makes it possible to get sound into the Pi. We know the plugin „WaveInput“ available for Squeezebox Server (LMS). In the plugin’s settings, you can choose the correct audio input there. The LMS can provide the incoming audio to all clients as usual.
    Make sure to use the Raspberry Pi Default Image and choose „Wolfson ´Cirrus Logic (Kernelchange) at „Raspberry Settings“.

Maximilian from Max2Play

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here