[SOLVED] How to set up a USB DAC (Audio Output)

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions [SOLVED] How to set up a USB DAC (Audio Output)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 28. August 2016 at 11:51 #22677

Hi, trying to set up my USB DAC With M2P, without success. How do I set USB as default Audio output withing M2P?

Thanks (Antworten auch in Deutsch willkommen)

29. August 2016 at 14:38 #22710

Hello mario and welcome in our forum,

To activate your USB DAC, go to the ‚Raspberry Settings‘ and disable the build-in audio of the Raspberry Pi. Then go into the Audioplayer menu and activate under ‚Squeezelite‘ – ‚advanced settings‘ your usb dac.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards

17. September 2017 at 9:44 #31356

Having Hifiberry DAC Pro installed could I get the audio output from Hifiberry (analog) and USB DAC (in my case Oppo BD105) at the same time?

The Hifiberry is pretty good but the Oppo used as DAC is better and I’d like to have the two options available and choose them just switching the ampli selector

Thank you and kind regards

18. September 2017 at 15:44 #31379

Hi bollinim,

You should be able to do so with our MultiSqueeze plugin. Have one Squeezelite running with „sysdefault_hifiberry…“ as output and one Squeezelite (you can create multiple Squeezelite instances with the plugin, as the name suggests) with the USB-DAC output.

18. September 2017 at 20:10 #31387

Thank you

27. September 2017 at 15:07 #31571

Hello, i’ve hooked up my Rasberry via USB to the Oppo BD105 and configured Multisqueeze with 2 players.
    The instance configured with HifiBerry works fine but so far i can’t run the second player (the one connected via USB to Oppo BD105, working as dedicated DAC). The instance refuses to run and i suppose i’m doing something wrong in config.

Could you please help me to choose the correct configuration?

Here i have my debug information for you. Thank you in advance for your support

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    USE_USB_DAC=1
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=–webport 8081
    LMSIP=192.168.1.10
    MULTISQUEEZE_PLAYERCOUNT=2
    MULTISQUEEZE_NAME_0=LivingAnalog
    MULTISQUEEZE_PARAMETER_0=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4::
    MULTISQUEEZE_NAME_1=LivingDAC
    MULTISQUEEZE_PARAMETER_1=-o plug:equalUSB -a 80:4::

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equalUSB
    plugequalUSB – Equalizer for USB
    dmixerUSB – DMixer for USB
    plugdmixerUSB
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 – snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, – Hardware device with all software conversions

28. September 2017 at 14:10 #31591

Hi bollinim,

If you added two players in MultiSqueeze, did you make sure to deactivate the autostart and turn off the Squeezelite instance in the Audioplayer menu?

If so, please check whether the USB DAC runs if you have turned off the other player to rule it out as a source of error.

28. September 2017 at 15:26 #31593

Sorry Heiner, i figured out what was the problem.
    Oppo BDP 105 is not just a DAC but a full featured Hi End Blu Ray player which can be used as DAC only as well.
    As soon as i switched the Oppo input to „USB DAC“, Squeezelite showed me all the Oppo DAC device drivers and since then Max2Play works like a charm with it.

The only problem i’m trying to solve right now is that the 2 MultiSqueeze instances are no registered to mySqueezebox.com as they are the other physical players (and the Squeezelite instance in the Audioplayer too, so before running Multisqueeze). As outcome i can’t see TIDAL plugin as a service for example in iPeng context menus. Any clue on how to fix up this problem?

Thank you and have a good day

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by bollinim.
    2. Oktober 2017 at 10:46 #31644

I’ve figured out the source of the problem and fixed up the issue.

If not specified, MultiSqueeze plug in sets the same mac address to each squeezelite instance and this raise the issue. Players with same mac address conflicted and are not registered on mysqueezebox.com. As aftermath, several plug ins are not available when the player is selected (including TIDAL plug in)

Specifying different a mac address for each instance with -m parameter fix the issue.

2. Oktober 2017 at 13:52 #31654

Hi bollinim,

Thank you for informing us of this issue. We will investigate how best to fix it in an upcoming update.

12. Oktober 2017 at 12:11 #31873

Hi bollinim,

We checked out our systems handling of the MAC addresses in detail.

While it does set the same ones for MultiSqueeze per default, these are not identical. So there should not be an issue in your local network.

If you need them to be registered in mysqueezebox.com, you have to manually change the address in the command line options with the parameter -m YOURMACADDRESS.

12. Oktober 2017 at 15:13 #31875

I already did it when i figured that out.
    As stated previously if registration on mysqueezebox fails (BECAUSE OF the same conflicted mac address) the two instances works but what it doesn’t work are the plug ins installed on Squeezebox Server (and i really enjoy TIDAL working seamlessly with my local FLAC library)

13. Oktober 2017 at 10:30 #31885

Hi bollinim,

Thanks for the follow-up. As stated, we will try to amend this issue in our future release to allow all squeezebox features to work seamlessly with MultiSqueeze, as well. 🙂

13. Oktober 2017 at 11:19 #31887

It sounds good!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here