How to see other people's playlist in spotify or deezer?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) How to see other people's playlist in spotify or deezer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 10. Mai 2016 at 1:15 #20076

Hi, not sure whether to post this in this section or addons, so posting it here because I’m having the same problem with all addons I tried.

When I use spotify or deezer on the max2play squeezelite program I don’t see other people’s playlist. By example, on my PC, I can go to spotify, search for jazz and then see albums, songs and a big list of playlist created by other people and publicly shared. When I use almost any mobile app with the max2play server, I can only see MY play list (I’ve tried 3 apps). How can I see all the public playlist? Is there some way to do this? The reason is that I often stream other people’s playlist, including the ones created by deezer and spotify. If this isn’t possible with max2play, then I’ll have to figure out some other software to use such as just loading ubuntu Mate and using the individual applications directly. Don’t want to do that since other than this issue, I love max2play.

As a side question, if this can’t be done in max2play, is it possible to get to a browser from max2play (having booted my pi with max2play) so that I can run music from web applications?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

10. Mai 2016 at 5:28 #20077

Solved this.. at least for Spotify. Turns out the old triode solution won’t allow you to see other’s playlist, but this one will: Spotify Protocol Handler.

Removed the triode plug in, added this: Spotify Protocol Handler and then added back the spotify plugin I had uninstalled and can now see all the curated playlist of others! Awesome.

No solution yet for Deezer, but I guess someone will need to update the app and or a plug in. Deezer works, I just can’t see public and curated playlist. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

16. Februar 2018 at 20:32 #34034

Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free with MusConv tool – http://www.MusConv.com

27. Februar 2018 at 16:29 #34102

Hi guys,

Just in case there’s anybody else wondering how this could currently work, the plugin „Spotty“ is the new ideal solution for Spotify with Squeezebox systems 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here