How to remove the mouse cursor on a usb touchscreen?

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions How to remove the mouse cursor on a usb touchscreen?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 7. Januar 2017 at 20:41 #25666

Hi there,

I am using an old LG Flatron L1510SF (15″ @ 1024×768) USB touchscreen on a Raspberry pi 3 with Max2play and Jivelite installed. This is of course not a screen which is supported by the max2play Rpi display add-on. This means I cannot use the simple „no mouse cursor“ check-box of this add-on.

How can I still remove the mouse cursor on my touch display?

I have already been looking into using the „unclutter“ program to get this done, but would prefer a method that can be done by SSH, by editing a config file, for example.

20. Januar 2017 at 15:20 #26162

Hi,

did you give the Display Addon “no mouse cursor” check-box a try? You need to reboot after checking this.

20. Januar 2017 at 23:57 #26173

I cannot install/use the Rpi display add-on as my screen is not one of the supported screens from the pull-down menu, when want to install this addon. I am almost sure that when I would select one of the listed screens, I might end up with no image at all. My screen uses the HDMI output of Rpi and not GPIO or Screen header of the board.

27. Januar 2017 at 16:29 #26366

Hi Megantonneke,
    Sorry about the late response. Please try using SSH, enter „su“ (pw is max2play) and entering:
    sudo apt-get install unclutter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here