How to remove functions from the Jivelite screens?

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions How to remove functions from the Jivelite screens?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 3. Februar 2019 at 7:59 #44322

I want to set-up a max2play system using a Raspberry Pi 3+ B that will be used just for streaming internet radio and playing music from a USB drive. The system will be used by an older non-technical person.

I’ve got max2play all set-up and working now, but is there a way to remove unneeded icons from the Jivelite screens? For example the Kodi Start and Quit icons are not needed. Is there an easy way to remove them?

Frank

3. Februar 2019 at 15:06 #44324

Hi Frank

It is possible to customize Jivelite via Logitech Media Server. in /settings(bottom right)/player tab (2nd top left)

In the player tab (top left: scroll down) pick the name of the player where your Jivelite is installed on + pick menus in the next scroll down.

You can also completely new menus with a plug-in called Custom Browse take a look: Here

Peter

4. Februar 2019 at 5:54 #44329

I’m sorry but I can’t follow your instructions.

I go to the settings page for the LMS and select the Jivelite instance, but there’s nothing about any menu settings. I even checked the plugins listing to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

I want to remove the Kodi Start and Quit icons from the Jivelite start page. Is there a way?

Frank

5. Februar 2019 at 1:18 #44348

Well, I will try a bit more specific

login to your Logitech media server (LMS) in your web-browser. On the front page to the left you see the same menus as you see on your lcd (with Jivelight) on the right side you find LMSs web-player.

On the bottom right click were it says settings!

A new webpage open with a lot of settings.

On the top just below the „Logitech Media Server“ you will find 8 taps… the first is already open.

Slik on the second tap it should be called something like player/players

Just below the name of the second tap, you will find scroll down buttons
    The first scroll button should show the name of your player (check with your lcd touchscreen on top on the first page)

On the second scroll button click on it and find were it says Menus!!

See if you can find a line with Kodi or XMBC in there and unmark the mark in front of it.

——————————-

If you can’t find anything with the name Kodi in there stay on the web side!!

Click on tab number 6 (should be called something like extensions)
    The first extensions / plug-ins are all marked see if you can find something there called Kodi or XMBC and unmark it.

Ps you can unmark all extensions and still have a functional player

Let me know if that worked !

Peter

5. Februar 2019 at 1:41 #44349

Ok, I know what you’re describing to change the settings for JiveLite LMS pages in the settings menu.

However that doesn’t change the displayed entries on the very top JiveLite page. I found that you can „delete“ those by touching and holding as another menu comes-up where you can hide them from the top page. On lower pages you can do the same to move and item up or to the top page.

This way I could remove the Kodi Start and Quit entries from the top JiveLite page.

Frank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here