How to disable Spotify connect voume?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons How to disable Spotify connect voume?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 5. Oktober 2020 at 9:37 #49791

Hello

I’d like to disable Spotify connect volume from the max2play implementation
    I am able to do so in the Squeezelite implementation so I believe being the plugin same it should be possible directly in max2play as well?
    At the moment what I do is simply add as a command option:

–initial-volume 100

so volume starts correct but still the phone is able to change the volume in stead of fixing it at 100%

I need this becuase I use SPDIF output and I have a separate volume on the amplifier, so SPDIF MUST be always 100%

Can you help?
    Thanks

6. Oktober 2020 at 12:48 #49795

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately this is not possible with the Spotify Connect plugin. I am also not sure whether it is even possible to „turn off“ the volume change on Spotify. You could try the Spotty plugin for the Squeezebox server though. There you can switch on Spotify Connect as well and configure more than with our plugin.

6. Oktober 2020 at 12:56 #49796

Hi

I’ve checked again and in Squeezelite you can fix the output volume of the player and not of the plugin so you are right…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Steve.
    6. Oktober 2020 at 13:21 #49799

Hi Steve,

The Max2Play plugins are developed by us and usually have nothing to do with the Squeezebox Server plugins. I can ask our chief developer if he can add a fixed volume function. Which option in the Spotty plugin do you use to keep the volume at a certain value?

Edit: didn’t see your edit. I will still ask our developer if it is possible. However, I believe that you can hardly bypass Spotify’s standard settings.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by MarioM.
    6. Oktober 2020 at 13:27 #49801

That would be great
    Thanks!

6. Oktober 2020 at 13:46 #49802

Hi Steve,

I asked our chief developer about it and he said that this is not possible unfortunately. You can only set the volume of Spotify Connect with the „initial-volume“ function.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here