How do I actually listen to music?

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions How do I actually listen to music?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 8. August 2017 at 13:10 #30495

So I found my way to max2play after spending a considerable amount of time on Volumio, and a little time on Rune.
    I decided to try max2play with the premium license because it looked like it would be very simple to set up syncronized multiroom playback.
    After downloading and installing the app on my raspberry pi3, I waded my way through all the various pages of settings and got everything set up as I was supposed to, it dawned on me I had no idea how to actually play the music.
    I trawled through every page on the website, read every doc, and nowhere does it say how to actually play the music.
    What on earth am I missing?

9. August 2017 at 10:34 #30505

Hi Ryan,

Sorry about the confusion.

Which playback option did you select in the first page of Max2Play?

I assume you are using the Squeezebox system. Thus, you just need to access the installed server from the „Squeezebox Server“, where you will find all the playback options you are used to. The server recognizes all players in your network and lets you sync them at will (top right corner of the Squeezebox Server web interface).

Also, please tell us which information exactly confused you, so that we can amend this issue for other customers.

9. August 2017 at 13:10 #30514

Hi Heiner,

I have lots of questions.

I have found the squeezebox player and got it working, which is great. Does Max2Play have an iphone app, or is it just the ipeng one?

When I type max2play in my url bar it never finds any of my pis, I need to type in the ip address of the individual pi. Can I change that?

Is it possible to syncronise airplay? Is that what multishairport is?

Is it possible to have m2p scan for media on nas drives? I couldn’t really understand the tutorials so haven’t been able to add any of my own media.

How do you remove plugins from the list?

Thanks

9. August 2017 at 15:24 #30522

Okay Ryan, I’ll answer one by one 😀

– For iOS the best and one most familiar to us is iPeng. However, you can always use the web interface of the LMS which is just IP/NAME:9000 in most cases.

– You can change the name of your device and consequently the name to reach it by in the Settings/Reboot menu. This also often solves this issue. You can also activate „Network Lookup“ there to see all your devices, their IP and immediately switch between them (top right corner of the web interface, wait a little after activating for it to work)

– Synchronized AirPlay is currently only possible with shairport and only on iTunes.

– Yes, the three features in the Filesystem/Mount menu all offer their own solutions.

First is just a mount guide, you need the parameters from the share you want from your NAS and a login for the NAS. Just follow the help.

Second is just USB, automatically mounts drives connected via USB

Third is SambaShares, create one, it shows up on all devices in your network and you can put files on it from anywhere if you allow the share to.

– You don’t, just disable them. The ones that take up space can be uninstalled on their own page.

9. August 2017 at 21:13 #30528

Awesome. Thanks for the info.
    Just some questions on mounting.
    /mnt/share folder an existing path on the network drive or something that gets created on the pi running m2p?
    Also, I’m unclear how the username and password fits into the last box? Or is it just a password? I have a fritz!box 7490 and am not sure if I have a username to access it

10. August 2017 at 9:28 #30533

Hi ryan,

Mountpoint on Max2Play (for usage in Squeezebox Server or XBMC): /mnt/mountdir/ Mountpoint must be a subdirectory in /mnt/ OR /media/ and will be generated, if it is not existing. This is the case for „share“.

In Options, copy and paste the line beneath. Replace name with your username and pass with your password.
    user=name,password=pass,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

Please watch the video on mounting again if other issues arise.

10. August 2017 at 22:56 #30562

Hi,
    I have managed to mount a drive successfully off a chromebox that is running libreelec.
    But I still can’t view anything attached to the USB port on my fritzbox router. M2p says it is successful and creates the correct folder on the pi, but I can’t see any media files in it

14. August 2017 at 17:08 #30619

Hi ryan,

Please make sure the files do not have a special set of rights or restrictions.

14. August 2017 at 21:44 #30625

They don’t. They are just normal files that can be accessed by other programs.

How do I know what the user name of my fritzbox 7490 is?

15. August 2017 at 16:16 #30645

It should show up in your network with a title, that’s the username.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here