Ho to capture audio from audio card and stream audio to DLNA player?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Ho to capture audio from audio card and stream audio to DLNA player?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 31. März 2020 at 9:49 #48349

Hello

I’m a new (premium) user of max2play and my congratulations to the developers for such a neat interface!
    I have a raspberry pi 3 with cirrus logic audio card and all is working fine (using headphone at the moment)
    but my intention is to use a HIFI network player I own, but this player has no digital inputs, but it does support DLNA specs
    Can you let me know if you have a plugin or more general instructions on how to capture max2play audio from soundcard
    and redirect to DLNA player? I’m able to do the same using an android app from my phone and from a google search it should be possible with
    a combination of darkice/icecast but maybe you have a smarter way and a plugin for that? Can you help me?
    Thanks in advance for your reply

31. März 2020 at 16:56 #48357

Hi Steve,

You should give the Squeezebox Server Plugin UPnP Bridge a try. With this plugin you should be able to stream from the Squeezebox Server to DLNA speakers, or in your case to your HiFi network player. Read more: https://www.max2play.com/en/2018/09/3-squeezebox-server-plugins-for-your-max2play/

1. April 2020 at 14:53 #48385

Hi Mario,
    I’ve done as suggested, I have no a squeeze client + server running with spotify connect and Shairtunes2

I also have installed the UPNP bridge plugin and it’s here that I’m having problem.
    It is my understanding that once you have installed this plugin you would see a virtual pi squeezeclient but nothing happens to me

In the settings page of the plugin I see my pioneer BDP network player and there are settings defined for it…
    Am I missing something here?

Thanks

2. April 2020 at 13:01 #48390

Hi , just to let you know I’ve managed to have this working. Thanks

2. April 2020 at 14:10 #48391

Hi Steve,

glad to hear that. What did the trick?

2. April 2020 at 14:46 #48397

it basially was the combination of two things together:
    1- my DLNA player (pioneer lx88 brilliant hardware but firmware so and so) must be switched on before the server could be activated, otherwise it freezes
    2- I had PCM selected in encoding but it better works with FLAC 0

3- Playing with player settings within the plugin, bit of hit and miss but now all set and not going to touch them again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here