Higher bitrate songs freezing LMS

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Higher bitrate songs freezing LMS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jnile1 premium 6 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 14. November 2016 at 22:15 #23910

Hi again, title says it all, I am using an rpi3/hifiberry digi+ pro with Logitech media server running Spotify, and having a 1TB usb hard drive attached directly to the rpi3. Everything works fine until I try to play a 24 Bit depth (88,96,192)file from the HD, wav or flac. The file will play for about 45 secs to a minute, then it freezes, and I have to power down/power back up the Rpi3 before I can get it to respond again. I have tried every soundcard setting under the advanced tab for squeezelite in the audioplayer section, all options freeze up when I play a 24 bit file. I have battery power and a 5v/2.5a power supply, still does it regardless of power source. The digi+ pro uses a different driver than the digi+ I am wondering if there is a driver issue with the digi+ pro?

17. November 2016 at 6:41 #23933

Never could figure this one out, since the digi+ pro has two separate oscillators, maybe a driver issue? I set up a mountpoint and hooked my HD up to my pc, SMS picks up everything ok over the network, but still cant do high bitrate over Ethernet either. It does not freeze the system completely, but it glitches out and distorts on 24 bit material. any suggestions?

29. November 2016 at 12:52 #24307

Hi jnile1,
    Your issue might be due to insufficient power supply. Please try using a USB-HUB for the hard drive, deactivate the built-in audio of the Pi, deactivate Bluetooth (both Raspberry Settings) and set the hw parameter for your sound card: https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/optimizing-squeezelites-volume-control/

1. December 2016 at 3:05 #24426

Tried adding the command line input, no change in performance other than fixing the volume value to where I can only adjust volume via the volume control of the preamp. 24 bit audio still glitches out, wether over the network or directly plugged into the rpi. As for mixer parameters via putty, I believe something is different in digi+ pro. Typing amixer in putty gets this response:
    Simple mixer control ‘tx source’,0
    Capabilities: enum
    Items: ‘s/pidf rx’ ‘aif’
    Item0 ‘aif’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here