High bitrate music from Qobuz

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) High bitrate music from Qobuz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 20. Januar 2020 at 19:04 #47953

I understand that when playing Qobuz Hi-Res 24bits/96kHz files on Squeezebox players, the stream would play natively on the Transporter and would be converted on the fly by the server for a Radio or a Boom.

Right now, depending of stream properties, I have issues with Boom or Radio for files above 2500Kbps (audio is suttered or there is buffering on some files).

I have just updated my server to a pi4 with M2P, thinking I would have more power for that conversion on the fly… but still have the issues.

Any idea why?

Thx for your feedback 😉

23. März 2020 at 13:53 #48207

Hi didjean,

There might be another bottleneck, or the Pi is still struggling with the high bitrate. Have you also tried playing back on a virtual player via Squeezelite? Is the performance the same?

24. März 2020 at 22:59 #48253

Thx for your answer!
    It’s a Boom and Radio limitation. If I use Squeezelite, no issue at all.
    Therefore I would like to be able to convert on the fly when playing on Radio and Boom (reducing the Kbps) while keeping the full native for the other players. Not sure on how to do this in a simple way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here