Hifiberry AMP+ suddenly stops working

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Hifiberry AMP+ suddenly stops working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 10. April 2019 at 19:03 #45011

My setup was running Max2play v2.46 with Hifiberry AMP+ for months without issue.
    I use it to play internet radio with mpd and Airplay.

All sound output has disappeared last week – after which I started troubleshooting a bit.

Disabling mpd, disabling shairport, ssh login and check messsages, upgrade to v2.47, …
    No result

At the moment the only thing that is a clear to me is the following error after the command „mpc play“:
    ERROR: problems opening audio device

Can you help me with the next steps in troubleshooting?

Thx,

Thomas

10. April 2019 at 23:33 #45016

Hi,

I already found the problem.

The sampling & bit setting in MPD was 192000:24:2.
    Changing to 44100:16:2 and I have sound with MPD.
    I don’t know what my setting before was – though I know I had to change this 4y ago to have sound without glitches.
    Would you rather recommend 48000:16:2 or 44100:24:2?

Shairport was not working yet.
    There I had to change the output from default to sysdefault and after a daemon restart airplay is working ok again.

Probably some settings got lost after power cut.
    Any way to back up my configs and restore in the case of doubt?

Best Regards,

Thomas

12. April 2019 at 12:27 #45035

Hello Thomas,

We don’t have a recommendation on sample rate as this heavily depends your other factors (hardware, audio files, personal preference, etc.).

Shairport should not run concurrently with MPD. We recommend using Squeezelite and Shaiport together since they have an automatic switch for changing playback.

We recommend making a backup of your image, either with our image burner plugin or with another software on your PC. This way, you can simply burn the .img file on an SD if you want to revert to your old setup and don’t have to worry about breaking anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here