Hifiberry Amp+ believes it is a DAC+ and clicks frequently

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Hifiberry Amp+ believes it is a DAC+ and clicks frequently

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 3. Juni 2019 at 9:45 #45560

Hi together,

I have the Hifiberry AMP+ / Pi3 max2play bundle and am running max2play 2.48 with squeezelite.
    Upon configuration of the system I had big troubles getting the Amp to work. By some luck I tried using the Hifiberry DAC+ driver instead of the Amp/Amp+ driver and it turned out that this is the only configuration that allows sound output.

Just for comparison I tried a Volumio image where I also had to use the DAC+ driver to get everything running.

After a two days of having a running system the Amp+ is now making click noises both while playing music as well as while being standby. After unplugging and restarting the Pi the click noises vanish for a short time but start coming back again after some time.

Do you have any idea how to get rid of those click noises?

Thanks
    Thilo

(I wrote this post in English just to make the audience as large as possible. Answers in German are fine on my side, however)

3. Juni 2019 at 13:18 #45562

Hello Thilo,

Thank you for the detailed post.

The Amp+ is different from the Amp2. Which version of the sound card do you have?

If it is the latter, you should find the selection „Amp2“ in the HiFiBerry plugin instead. This selection ideally sets up the sound board.

Make sure afterwards that there is the parameter „-C 5“ in the Squeezelite advanced options‘ command line options. This should get rid of your clicking sounds.

3. Juni 2019 at 21:30 #45589

Hi Heiner,

thanks for your quick reply. You made a good guess. While I ordered an Amp+ and assumed I got what was ordered I just double checked and found that it is in fact an Amp2.

I changed the settings accordingly and added the -C 5 parameter. This solves the clicking when the player is muted, however the clicking still continues during playback.

Any further ideas?

Thanks
    Thilo

4. Juni 2019 at 10:28 #45594

Hi Thilo,

There’s a slight possibility that your AMP2 is still affected by this issue.

Please contact HiFiBerry to make sure this is not the case and so they can further investigate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here