Hifi Berry Amp2 problem

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Hifi Berry Amp2 problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 28. Oktober 2020 at 12:12 #49945

Hi I placed a recent order for two HifiBerry Amp2 bundles. They arrived yesterday and I started to set them up.

I have a problem with one of the Amp2 boards in that when fitted to the raspberry pi4 and powered externally, the Max2play auto access point Wifi doesn’t appear after 2 minutes (or at all if left longer). If a LAN cable is attached to the ethernet input the raspberry pi doesn’t appear on my DNS list.

If you remove the Amp2 board and power just the raspberry pi board with a USB-C power supply then the Max2play access point does appear.

As I had 2 sets of components, I swapped boards, power supplies and raspberry pi modules and identified that it was just this one Amp2 board.

The second bundle worked immediately and I was able to connect, open Max2play, input my Wifi details, attach a LAN and set up the device with no problems at all.

I’m certain that it’s a fault with the Amp2 board unless you have some other suggestions I could try?

I wonder if it would be possible to return just this board and replace it?

Many thanks,

Chris

28. Oktober 2020 at 13:52 #49952

Hi Chris,

These problems have already appeared in the past with Amp2 boards. However, we thought that these affected Amp2 boards are no longer sold. You are welcome to send the amp back to us and we will exchange it for a working board.

28. Oktober 2020 at 14:08 #49955

Dear Mario,

Thank you very much for your immediate response.

I shall package up the faulty board and return to you with a covering letter.

Kind regards,

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here