HELP – Ticking, Popping, Clicking while Pi is play on External USB

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) HELP – Ticking, Popping, Clicking while Pi is play on External USB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 4. April 2017 at 3:42 #27970

I have a Pi 3 with the official Touch screen running Jivelite and all sounds great…BUT, from time to time I get a popping, stuttering, clicking happening in the Music.

I have the Raspberry Pi USB connected to a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC ( I had it connected via Coax Cable, and all was fine/this never happened but like the sound of the USB connection the best)

I have tried a different Power Supply, Ethernet Cable (UTP vs STP) a different drive and am Running out of ideas.

Is this a buffer issue, or do I have the correct setting in Max2play for my DAC

( As for the Audio Outputs chosen I have it set to „dsnoop – Direct Hardware“, but there is Sysdefault, default, Dmix, dsnoop etc … I have tried most of these Audio Outputs but that doesn’t seem to help the issue)

Any ideas Suggestion, would be VERY much appreciated

Thanx in advance, Fred in Canada

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Fredly.
    5. April 2017 at 12:20 #27998

Hi Fredly

Unfortunately we do not provide technical support for Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, but you can also look at this article:

https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/getting-high-sound-quality/

Best Regards,
    Mohamamd Mbydeen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here