Google Cast support?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 21. November 2017 at 18:58 #32575

Hi,

are there any plans to integrate Google cast support on M2P? This would be really handy in combination with Google Home.

28. November 2017 at 12:05 #32662

Hi Heinzel,

Could elaborate on this feature and its merits for our system? How does differ from our DLNA implementations? What features are available in combination with Google Home?

30. Dezember 2017 at 3:33 #33151

It seems to me that the real issue is not so much Google Chromecast, as Google Home, which is quickly starting to become the world’s leading digital assistant. I have max2play (on Raspberry Pi/HifiBerry Amp+) connected to a(n unfortunately still mechanical) speaker selector, and so I can now easily stream any music through our entire house. At a price that is much cheaper than putting Sonos speakers everywhere (although that’s only because we had the whole house re-wired for sound during our last major renovation). But so yes, I’d definitely be interested in being able to tell Google Home to play something through max2play.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sdspieg.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sdspieg.
    5. Januar 2018 at 12:40 #33244

Do you have any experience or idea what might be involved in getting this to work? The best way probably be through the Squeezebox Server’s environment and CLI commands.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here