[SOLVED] Frustrated …. its all about the bass ….. how do i get the EQ to work?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Frustrated …. its all about the bass ….. how do i get the EQ to work?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 15. Dezember 2017 at 5:27 #32955

This issue has been in posts going back to 2015….
    There must be a 5-10 step process/order to actually get the EQ to effect the sound and not just be this graph I change for fun now.

My set up is
    Rpi 3
    Hifiberry Amp 2
    max2play (hifiberry build )

squeeze player and server ( using ios app to play )
    airplay
    most/all plugins required

Thx for the help

Paul

15. Dezember 2017 at 17:01 #32973

Hi Paul,

What steps have you taken thus far? Do you have plugequal selected in shairport’s sound card setting (advanced settings)?

The changes you make to each slider should stay after saving, then the equalizer works.

15. Dezember 2017 at 17:20 #32976

hello…

yes i have the plugequal set for output on both squeeze and shareport.

The EQ settings do stay where i set them after save….they just to not actually effect the sound.

i have tried many fixes from past posts…. ie: selecting outputs, editing asound.conf, even tried disabling default card in pi settings (squeeze process would not start ) so far nothing has helped.

thx

Paul

15. Dezember 2017 at 17:40 #32980

Hi Paul,

When you deactivate the built-in card, you need to make sure that the command line options of your players are amended to hw:0 from hw:1

Also, please make sure you have different outputs selected for both players if they are running simultaneously.

Please also try just using Squeezelite and deactivating Shaiport. Thanks to shairtunes2, you can use AirPlay with Squeezelite.

15. Dezember 2017 at 20:05 #32984

hello…

when i tried the disable option …yes i adjusted the command line to match, this configuration also did not fix the issue.

i do understand the principle…..
    hifi berry is the amp….
    sound needs to be sent to effects ( eq ) first to modified then the signal is sent to sound card. and the plugin has been told to use the amp 2 as its output.

it is all great on paper but is seems like there is to many different ways to set it up and that is maybe causing issues.

instead of selecting a player…one should be able to set it globally in the sence that any detected sounds first go through EQ then out card, for the whole system.

having each player have the ability to select its output should be an advanced option for multiple card setups.

thx

17. Dezember 2017 at 8:10 #32993

hello…. so im on about hour 15 of trying to get this to work..

as i stated before i do have sqeezebox server running, sqeezelite is the player and shairport is also running.

so i have tried changing device positions… no difference
    outputs to equal-equal, plugequal…etc,etc

as i was playing some music i wanted to hear a song i have on my itunes so i played it and selected airplay on my iphone, and guess what? when using shairport the EQ actually works!

now on one hand im happy because it works….. on the other hand im now even more confused as to why it is not working for sqeezelite. i have the outputs set to same plug equal…..command device = hw:1 etc etc but nope it doesnt work. arrrg

since shairport and squeezelite can coexist because they know when each other is playing there shouldnt be a problem there.

any thoughts…..anyone?

thanx

Paul

2. Januar 2018 at 17:22 #33184

Hi Paul,

First of all, sorry about the frustrating experience and the late response. Unfortunately, we need to keep the options open for the different audio players and need make sure they can be used on each.

I was now able to test the setup and could use the EQ in Squeezelite with an AMP2, so to make sure the issue is not related to a different config in your system, please try using a fresh image to test Squeezelite with EQ. (You can back up your current image easily with the Image Burner plugin, in case you do not have a second SD card)

9. April 2018 at 14:48 #35072

Hi mavpaul,

where you able to get the equalizer to work with Hifiberry Amp 2? I am currently facing exactly the same problems… and can’t seem to find a working setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THX,
    Maddin

10. April 2018 at 16:35 #35109

Hi maddin,

As mentioned before, the EQ only works without hw volume control. In that case, all volume regulation reduces the optimal output. so if you have any sliders on any software regulated down, this is the reason why your output with EQ is so low.

16. April 2018 at 12:30 #35199

For completeness: The digital output slider was low. I turned it to 100%.
    THX Heiner for the tip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here