Fixed LAN IP address problem on Pi 3

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Fixed LAN IP address problem on Pi 3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 28. Oktober 2017 at 13:35 #32166

I use Squeezebox Server and want to fix the Pi’s IP address to 192.168.1.102. The Pi is connected using a LAN cable. I can do this using the „Fixed LAN IP setup“ option, but if I reboot the Pi, it reverts to a DHCP assigned address from my router (for example 192.168.1.9) and my Squeezebox can’t find the Pi until I change the IP address again. I’ve made sure that the SD card protection is disabled.

When I check on the network, I then see two Ip addresses associated with Max2play: 192.168.1.9 and 192.168.1.102.

Can anyone help?

28. Oktober 2017 at 14:02 #32167

This sounds familiar, and it has already been recognized as a bug: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/fixed-ip-dhcp-still-working-and-i-get-two-ip-addresses/

So this problem will hopefully be resolved when an update of max2play will be launched.
    For the time being I will stay with DHCP activated: the IP address seems to be ‚fixed‘ even after a reboot / restart.
    You may get into problems as soon as you disable DHCP… it is quite confusing anyway…

30. Oktober 2017 at 13:10 #32184

Hi guys,

Sorry about the confusion. There is no direct error resulting in this. You can still use the fixed IP and it will remain accessible. However, you do get a second IP which we are currently trying to fix.

Thank you for your understanding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here