File System Corruption Re- Image

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions File System Corruption Re- Image

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 14. Mai 2020 at 15:38 #48780

Hi, I built a 12 V DC sound system for a small cabin in the Canadian wilderness. The Max2play install is on a Pi2, with squeezeserver, squeezelite, access point plugins, and a HiFiBerry DAC HAT . The music content is stored on a external 2TB drive. As I mentioned , everything is run off a 12V source , with a step down voltage converter for the Pi. The access point plugin allows users to use there phone web browser (material skin) as an remote control. When it works , it works very well. However once or twice a year it stop’s working and the usual solution involves taking the PI home and re-imaging the SD card. I am suspecting the file system eventually gets corrupted from turning the power on/off over the usage period. I investigated using the „write protect“ plugin, but that does not appear to be compatible with a squeezeserver install. I thought about duplicating the image SD and leaving it as a spare , but that is really a work-around to buy time, and not a solution. with the installation mentioned above, is it possible to have a soft shutdown with a physical switch on the pi 2? looking for idea’s, and I am prepared to upgrade to a newer Pi if required.

Thanka, and stay safe!

15. Mai 2020 at 14:31 #48791

Hi sfraser,

We have integrated such a solution into our display bundle. The Pi can be started up and shut down with a physical button. An external power management module is used for this. But there are also many other craft alternatives that you can find in Raspberry Pi forums.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here