External USB DAC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 29. März 2018 at 4:52 #34854

Hello, I have the following question: can I connect to an external DAC via USB Raspberry Pi 3 Model B through Max2Play? If possible, can you please provide a detailed explanation of how to do that.

29. März 2018 at 9:42 #34863

Hi Viktor,

Yes and yes! 🙂

You can select the default driver and output of USB DAC’s in our Raspberry Settings in the dropdown menu „Sound Cards“. After waiting for the drivers to be installed (takes some time), you need to reboot and each audio player will have sound card options for this USB DAC output. When you select one of these outputs on a player, the music played on it will be put out through the USB DAC.

5. April 2018 at 12:52 #34999

And which USB DAC´s can you recommend?

5. April 2018 at 14:27 #35004

Hi Matthias,

Generally, we recommend I2S HAT sound cards because their connection and output is better and specifically designed for the Pi.

Nonetheless, you can pretty much use any USB sound card. Some users have reported positive feedback with the LogiLink 7.1.

18. Januar 2022 at 15:12 #51938

Hello

I’m interested to know if I connect using USB how is the volume controlled? I’d like to have a fixed USB max volume from max2play so I can only use the volume knob of my external DAC. Is this the default mode of operation? I’m asking because the volume I hear right now using USB output is bit low with respect to what I hear is I use coax digital output…
    please advise
    Thanks

18. Januar 2022 at 15:34 #51939

As a follow up I’ve managed to solve this issue by adding : -V Digital
    as option in the Command line option of the squeezelite

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here