Erratic 2.8inch touch screen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 21. Januar 2017 at 14:06 #26176

I have just installed the touchscreen display that I bought from you. Is there any way to correct the erratic selection of menus. When i try to scroll it is almost impossible for the display not to select the menu when my finger is removed from the display making it almost impossible to use.

Am i missing something ?

24. Januar 2017 at 16:21 #26273

Hi nick,
    This sounds strange, we have not yet had an issue similar to what you are describing. Which skin are you using for the 2,8″ screen? It should be the QVGATouchSkin which you can add in the Webinterface Jivelite menu. Here is a detailed guide: https://www.max2play.com/en/raspberry-pi-with-28-touchscreen/

25. Januar 2017 at 11:51 #26292

Hi,

I am away with work but I might try a different power supply when I get back home. I’ll update this thread when I’ve tested it.

27. Januar 2017 at 23:37 #26370

Ok so here is the update,

I managed to get the touchscreen working with a different power supply and a better CLass10 SD card.

However as a separate issue, I don’t know what I have done but the touchscreen has become uncalibrated so that wherever I touch the screen the cursor is set to a different place on the screen. Also if i scroll up the cursor goes left to right and when i scroll right the cursor moves up and down. I am in the process of completely reinstalling a new SD card so I hope that will solve the problem. Is there an easier way to solve this.

Nick

15. Februar 2017 at 14:44 #26937

Dear nickgosling,

Sorry for the late response, I think burning a new Max2Play image will solve the problem. please inform us about the results.

Regards
    Mohammad Mbydeen

18. Februar 2017 at 12:08 #27008

Yes,

It didn’t solve the issue.
    Nick

20. Februar 2017 at 16:28 #27049

Dear nickgosling,

In the display plugin, please make sure that you configure the right settings. Otherwise, It could be a hardware damage, the damage could be occurred in the process of changing different power suppliers, or the screen digitizer could also be damaged.

Regards,
    Mohammad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here