e-ink display – could it be possible?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons e-ink display – could it be possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 17. Februar 2021 at 3:29 #50807

Hi everyone,

so I’m a noob…. Loving M2P and wanting to add a display to my setup, basic rtist and track info – a menu system would be amazing but from what I’ve read this seems not to be a popular/easy idea amongst M2P users….
    So far I’ve tried to install pydPiper from @dhrone for my a 20×4 LCD display – it’s not going entirely well (I had it working fine on Volumio, but haven’t yet got it running on M2P – which is the platfrom I plan to use ultimately)

I will persevere with the LCD, but I wanted to askif anyone had any experience with using e-ink displays such as the paPirus display? I understand there would be a responsiveness issue, but, personally I could live with this…

many thanks!

Paul

19. Februar 2021 at 15:30 #50820

Hi Paul,

Since the paPirus display seems to be a HAT display that was developed for the Raspberry Pi, it should theoretically be able to work with Max2Play. You can find the corresponding repository here: https://github.com/PiSupply/PaPiRus
    Nonetheless, we have never tested such a display and therefore cannot guarantee that it will work. We currently only offer a 2.8″ and 7″ display for the Pi. These work with our RPi touch display plugin.

20. Februar 2021 at 12:02 #50827

Thanks for your reply Mario, I’ll see how things progress once I get a rotary encoder and some buttons in place (I’d like to have something that’s not 100% dependant on a phone for interaction and feedback. Feels like I have a long way to go!)

Thanks
    Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here