DLNA / BubbleUpnp / Touchscreen

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI DLNA / BubbleUpnp / Touchscreen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 11. März 2016 at 21:03 #19220

Hi,

I’ve been reading a lot – here and elswhere, but still not quite sure…
    So far, I have been using a Raspberry Pi with Volumio as Audio player at home. My music library is available on a Zyxel NAS, served by Twonky. This setup runs quite smoothly, I operate it via BubbleUpnP on my smartphone and tablet. No Squeezebox, obviously.
    So far, so good.
    Now, I want to expand things a bit and build a new setup in another room. My significant other, however, is not quite as comfortable with operating a media player using a tablet. So, what I’d like to do is building a player that can be operated via BubbleUpnp *and* touchscreen.
    I was thinking of a raspberry / hifiberry plus touchscreen running max2play. This source looked promising: https://community.conrad.de/howto-ansehen/hifi-sound-und-7-zoll-touchscreen-steuerung-mit-raspberry-pi-und-max2play
    Would that be possible? Can this setup use the music library on my NAS, can it be operated as a renderer via BubbleUpnp and also be operated and access the library by touchscreen?
    I’d be grateful for any hint.
    Thanks, uk63

12. März 2016 at 13:10 #19226

Hi uk63,

before I started with my first Raspberry Pi project I exclusively used Upnp/DLNA solutions in my audio network at home. Even today I run Twonky and MinimServer as DLNA-servers on my Linux machine and various DLNA clients.
    But for my Rapsberry Pi (with Hifiberry DAC+ Pro and a 7″ Touchscreen Display) I have installed Max2Play with the Plugins Audioplayer (Squeezelite) and Squeezebox Server (Version 7.9 Nightly). The 7.9 version of Squeezebox Server enables me to use my RPi as Squeezelite player and also as DLNA client/player. The 7.9 version of Squeezebox Server has an option to activate „Remote music libraries“ (in my case the two DLNA servers Twonky and MinimServer) and Squeezelite behaves as a DLNA client.
    You can control the DLNA client functionality via any DLNA controller (eg BubbleUpnp) or via touchscreen or even via a IR Remote Control (if you install a IR solution on your RPi).

I hope this helps.

Rainer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here