30. August 2016 at 21:49 #22774
I use a RPi3 with max2play, that plays over an HiFiberry DAC+. The squeezebox server is running, too, and serves for at least three clients, one of them the RPi3 with Squeezelite as player (as inbound in max2play).
The problem is that most of the times the sound out of the active speakers attached to the RPi3 is distorted as if the signal was to high leveled (can you understand? My English is not so good). Some times, the circumstances or changes in settings remain unclear, the sound is hust right without any distortion.
Please reply in English or German.
Thomas22. September 2016 at 12:19 #23137
Thanks for your request.
Did you change something on the settings of the hifiberry menu? – digital volume (here is the optimum 100%), analogue playback boost (here is the optimum to set it off) and analogue boost (here is the optimum 100%)
Best Regards13. Oktober 2016 at 21:14 #23411
i reinstalled the hole image and updated to 2.37. At the beginning thevsound was just right. I don’t know what happened, but it started to distort again. I shut the system down, rebooted and tested with the raspi attached to my stereo -> good sound. I was happy and thought my active speakers are to be accused. But as I changed back to the speakers the sound was good, too. The raspi was not shut down meanwhile.
I’m really confused. Some time it works and some time it doesn’t.
Thomas20. Oktober 2016 at 12:21 #23466
I ask you again – which image did you use? On our website are more than one image. Do you use the default image? Or the HiFiBerry Image?
2. Do you use some additional devices with the raspberry? Something like a usb dongle or a external hard drive?
3. Which power supply do you use?
4. Please try to stop Squeezelite if you get the problem.
5. Please take a look into the advanced settings of the squeezelite player (you will find it in the Audioplayer menu) and tell me what is in the textbox for the command line options.20. Oktober 2016 at 21:53 #23491
thank you for your help so far.
1. I used the HifiBerry – Image
2. No additional devices, just the raspi, wifi-connected
3. Power supply is Rydges SpeedPower High-Quality supply 5V 2,5A
4. Luckily the problem did not occure since the last 5 or 6 days. No I´m running the Squeezebox server on another raspi cable attached to my network.
I did not install the Squeezebox server on the faulty raspi with the hifiberry.
5. No command line options set.
Maybe the sound remains stable (hope so). Troubleshooting remains difficult but I don´t think it is a problem of unreliable hardware.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.