Display suddenly turns off while playing Kodi RPi3/7inch LCD Display Bundle

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Display suddenly turns off while playing Kodi RPi3/7inch LCD Display Bundle

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 7. April 2021 at 16:23 #51095

Hello

I would like to use my Max2Play RPi3/7inch LCD Display Bundle as a mobile Kodi player. But now while playing a movie from an attached USB stick on that 7inch LCD display the display suddenly turns off while Kodi is still playing that movie. In that „error condition“ I have no display any more but only sound from that movie. This happens randomly after a few minutes playing that movie. With that issue I can’t use that Max2Play setup as a mobile Kodi player for my kids. 🙁

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Or has somebody a troubleshooting hint for that?

Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Marc

7. April 2021 at 20:47 #51103

The display also turns off after a few minutes while Kodi is nothing playing (so it has nothing to do with video codecs etc.). There is no sreensaver active which would turn off the display! And in this error condition (display turned off) I’m unable to reactivate the display, only after a reboot the display is on again. Before I had this RPi3/7inch LCD Display Bundle with Max2Play running as a Jivelite/Squeezebox Player and I didn’t have trouble with that display. Jivelite isn’t running anymore, I made a factory reset of Max2Play and configured only Kodi.

Versions I’m running
    Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) with Kodi 17.4
    Max2Play Version 2.53 on Raspberry Pi 3

8. April 2021 at 16:37 #51108

Hi Marc,

Our Jessie image is out of date and no longer supported. Please burn our new stretch or buster image onto the SD card and use it to set up Kodi again. The problem should then no longer arise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here