Device name getting lost after power off / Playername nach Ausschalten weg

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Device name getting lost after power off / Playername nach Ausschalten weg

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 14. Januar 2019 at 12:41 #43568

Hello,

loose my device name after shutting down. Not after soft reboot. Don’t want to rename it every day…

Hallo,

ich verliere meinen Playernamen, wenn ich den Raspi vom Strom getrennt und neu gestartet habe. Er heißt dann immer wieder Max2Play. Muss das sein? Ich erreiche ihn dann nicht mehr unter dem „getauften“ Namen im Netz, und vor allem hat er dann auch den falschen Namen im Squeeze-Netz. Nichts gegen euren schönen Namen – aber ein bisschen Individualisierung sollte doch erlaubt sein… Dann fängt der Spaß beim Musikhören schon mit der Auswahl des Players an. Den Soft-Reboot übersteht der Name, das Ausschalten aber nicht. Es ist lästig.

Feature oder Bug?

FZinForen

14. Januar 2019 at 16:15 #43613

Hi FZ,

We do not recommend unplugging the Pi from the power source without shutting it down. This will result in damage to the SD card.

Please consider adding an automatic button with the http command for shutdown (copy and paste from the API examples plugin) and using it before removing power source.

14. Januar 2019 at 21:18 #43635

Oh, I always shut it down, not disconnect. Well, up to now. I will see if I can set the SD card to read-only, when I’me done with the rest.

But where can I set the player name (for Squeezebox etc.) so that it will be kept. It always changes to „max2play“ or „Max2Play“ (I’m not sure) after having been shut down and rebooted. I know, it has little power consumption, but I would like to disconnect power when I’m not at home. For security reasons.

I understand that it’s a good idea to have it reset to a standard name if you’ve found an old RPI and want to rerun it – not knowing the IP address. But renaming it every day is not that comfortable.

Thank you.

15. Januar 2019 at 14:00 #43658

Hi FZ,

SD card protection only works with players without servers installed as they need to write on the SD constantly.

After renaming in the Settings/Reboot, reboot the device and it should be available under „http://NAMEYOUGAVEYOURDEVICE/“ from any browser in the network. Squeezelite on this device will also receive this name. You should not have to rename again afterwards.

17. Januar 2019 at 23:48 #43867

Well, I was complaining about having to rename my device every time I had disconnected it from power supply. But loosing the given name (say: „LivingroomBerry“) to a default „max2play“ does not happen every time after disconnecting it. In fact, I haven’t lost the name again after the first few days. Funny thing. So far, I’m happy.

Am Anfang ist es ein paarmal passiert, dass mein Wunschname beim RPI verschwunden ist und das Ding wieder „max2play“ hieß. Aber wie ich jetzt feststelle, passiert das nicht jedes Mal. Nach den ersten Tagen ist es nicht mehr aufgetreten. Ich bin in diesem Punkt jetzt zufrieden. Merkwürdig, aber mir recht.

FZinForen

18. Januar 2019 at 1:56 #43872

Oh, the issue looks quite different now. I still have LAN and WLAN activated (want to keep LAN because of speed), so I have two connections with two IP addresses active – and sometimes two different device names in the network (sometimes 2x LivingroomBerry, sometimes 1x LivingroomBerry and 1x max2play). Maybe the device got mixed up because of that. In a long run, I wanted to change WLAN into an AP – but didn’t dare, as it is labelled as ‚do so, if you don’t have a network at all‘. Wanted to enlarge the WLAN connectivity with it, if that doesn’t lead to audio or video stuttering.

Ich stelle fest: wenn LAN und WLAN beide aktiv sind, hat das Gerät ja zwei Netzwerk-Verbindungen – mit unterschiedlicher IP und z.T. unterschiedlichem Gerätenamen. Soll nicht sein. Eigentlich wollte ich WLAN zu einem AccessPoint umbauen, hab mich aber nicht getraut – weil das AP Plugin beschrieben wird für den Fall, dass es sonst kein Netzwerk gibt. Würde sonst gern eine WLAN-Reichweitenverlängerung draus machen (wenn das nicht zu Rucklern in Audio und Video führt).

24. Januar 2019 at 12:16 #44131

Hi FZ,

Das sollte ohne Probleme gehen, hier die Beschreibung des Plugins Access Point Setup:

You can easily turn your device into an accesspoint for other WiFi-devices. Once installed the new WiFi network created by this device enables other devices to access its features and services. It also shares the internet connection if available and forwards all traffic to the LAN-network.
    This happens on installation:
    a DHCP-Server will be installed
    a static WiFi-entry will be added to your interfaces
    the WiFi of this device will be used to give access to other devices
    as long as the accesspoint is installed, you cannot connect to other WiFi-networks with this device

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here