Desperately Need Help With Benchmark Dac2 and Squeezelite/Max2Play/Rasbperry Pi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Desperately Need Help With Benchmark Dac2 and Squeezelite/Max2Play/Rasbperry Pi

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 21. November 2019 at 0:16 #47578

I’ve used a Benchmark Dac1 USB dac with Max2Play and Squeezelite for years on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ with no problems. I recently tried to use a Benchmark Dac2, however, and I am getting no sound. I am using the same setting as the Dac1, except choosing the Benchmark DAC2 from the drop down under advanced setting.

I’ve tried the -U command, thinking mayve the sounds is muted, but that didn’t seem to work and I’m not sure the syntax was right. The dac appears connected to the Raspverry Pi, as the USB lights are illuminated and show 96

Any suggestions at all would be a life saver.

22. November 2019 at 23:16 #47585

To clarify, the track will load in Squeezelite and it says Now Playing, but the track does not advance and it doesn’t show the time of the track moving. And the pause button doesn’t work. You can’t stop or start the track.

22. November 2019 at 23:22 #47586

Here is the debug info:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite Max2Play v1.0.3 based on v1.8.7-999, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2017 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o hw:CARD=B10,DEV=0 -a 80:4:: -C 5
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d hw:CARD=B10,DEV=0
    USE_USB_DAC=1
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=–webport 8081

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equalUSB
    plugequalUSB – Equalizer for USB
    dmixerUSB – DMixer for USB
    plugdmixerUSB
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=B10 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=B10 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Default Audio Device
    front:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Front speakers
    surround21:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
    surround40:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
    surround41:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
    surround50:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
    surround51:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
    surround71:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
    iec958:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
    dmix:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=B10,DEV=0 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT (SYNC) VERSION ####
    3.1.1-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-soxr-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####
    no setup

27. November 2019 at 14:11 #47612

Hi elias,

Try selecting the option „sysdefault:CARD=B10 – Benchmark DAC2 USB Audio 1.0, USB Audio – Default Audio Device“ and removing all parameters from Squeezelite.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here