Creating a Kodi shortcut to launch using android phone

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Creating a Kodi shortcut to launch using android phone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 20. November 2015 at 23:38 #16980

Hi creators of this wonderful package!

After a very easy install I have everything working. I was wondering however if there is an easy way to start Kodi without the need to go to the webpage. I thought about using a simple ssh command like using „service kodi start“ or something, which is easy to automate with my phone. However, this does not work as simple as I hoped. I’m an incredible linux noob, so I hope you have some tips for me.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Regards

25. November 2015 at 19:50 #17026

Hi Shodan,

thanks for your question.

One solution is to extract the link launching Kodi in the Max2Play interface. To do this, enter the interface and the Kodi menu and click „Kodi /XBMC Start“. You will find the section saying „Xbmc.php?action=start“. Simply create a bookmark using the shown URL up to this section in your smartphone browser and pin it to your homescreen.

Does it work for you?

Maximilian from Max2Play

26. November 2015 at 9:34 #17033

Hi Maximilian, I had thought of the same thing. I will test it shortly since now I’m trying to see if I can have Kodi work on Volumio to see what combination I like best.

I also tried just to run Kodi / Kodi-standalone via ssh commandline, but somehow it starts Kodi without the library??

Anyway, your solution sounds the easiest. I can use http get command from my phone so it does not need to open a browser.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here