Crashing Linux while play 192k file

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Crashing Linux while play 192k file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 6. Dezember 2017 at 1:20 #32802

Most of my music is played through Tidal or are ripped CDs… both sources are 44.1khz.

I have one 192khz song that I have played many times… Initially I was just looking for something to verify my player could handle higher resolutions than 44.1.

I’ve played the 192k file many, many times in it’s 5 minute entirety with no issues.

Yesterday I played it for the first time in a while. About 90 seconds into the song my headless linux drops off of the wireless network. The time into the song is pretty consistent… the linux OS seems to be crashing around the same place in the song.

Cycling power on the pi brings the player back online. It’s also a great way to corrupt the disk.

This 192k file is the only one that seems to be bring the system offline.

I poked around /var/log but could not find anything that suggested the root cause of the issue.

Any thoughts?

I’m at Version 2.44 on a P3.

TIA for your help,

10. Dezember 2017 at 15:09 #32853

Hi Titanium,

Sorry about the late response.

What setup exactly are you operating?

11. Dezember 2017 at 15:24 #32867

It’s a Pi3 + HiFi Berry Digi Pro. I’m using the coax output of the Pi to drive a Cambridge Audio Azure 851D DAC, which drives an Emotiva 2 channel power amp.

The 198k file is a FLAC on a USB thumb drive that is plugged directly into the PI.

I’ve been playing other ripped CDs since then with no issues. All of my media on the thumb drive is FLAC.

12. Dezember 2017 at 15:55 #32895

Hi Titanium,

Could you check the permissions and rights of this particular file? Some particular sets of rights can confuse the LMS.

Also could try adding a SambaShare, copying the file there, removing the thumb drive and playing the file from your SambaShare?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here