Cracking sound with squeezebox

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Cracking sound with squeezebox

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 8. April 2016 at 14:23 #19711

Hi

I use squeezebox server with an USB DAC and the official 7″ display. Sound is not good and I can hear cracking sound.

I have the feeling that since I installed the display sound is not good.

Everything is updated to last version. Alsa parameter is 80:4::

Thanks for helping

Anthony

8. April 2016 at 14:53 #19713

Hi Anthony,
    You can try activating the max-USB current to give your USB-DAC more power. What power supply are you using for this setup? We recommend a 2V supply.

8. April 2016 at 15:02 #19714

Hi

Thanks.
    I use a 2.5V supply that’s why I am surprised. I don’t know whether my crackling sound is due to power supply or not.

I will try to activate max usb current
    Anthony

8. April 2016 at 15:38 #19717

Unfortunately no changes with this option. It says it changed arm frequency. Is it over clocking ?

14. April 2016 at 16:05 #19782

Hi Anthony,
    The frequency only changes for the first new start, no problem there. Please try using the parameter „-o hw:1“ for sound output to circumvent any software problems. Please also try using shairport and other test files to rule out the files or player as a source of error. Finally, you might try giving the USB separate power supply with a powered USB-HUB. However, we have not had great experience with USB-DAC’s overall and recommend I2S native sound cards in general.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here