Cooling your Raspberry Pi4 with a IQAUDIO HAT…?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Cooling your Raspberry Pi4 with a IQAUDIO HAT…?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 25. September 2019 at 15:25 #47163

Hi guys,

I have an RPi2 running M2P and Squeezeserver distributing to 3 squeeze players around the house (all RPi2 with a IQaudIO DAC+). I am considering upgrading to a RPi4 for the current media centre RPi2 so as to take advantage of the direct H.265 decoding it offers. The issue is that the RPi4 is a hot beastie and the clearance of the IQaudIO HAT is very slight – so how do you keep such a thing cool?

I was thinking of using a GPIO riser to space the HAT away from the RPi4 so I could fit a fan in the middle – does anyone no of an elegant solution to this issue?

An alternative is using a riser cable of some sore to mount the HAT off to one side so you can pop any cooler solution onto the RPi4 at that point as the chips are not obscured by the HAT.

Thoughts?

30. September 2019 at 10:37 #47199

Hi wood,

Currently there is no really satisfying cooling solution for any HAT sound card setup. However, the Pi4 just operates at a higher temperature than the Pi3.

But if you do find a more elegant solution than a GPIO extender, please do let us know so we can have a look too 😉

29. April 2020 at 17:27 #48665

Hi all,

had same situation with my pi4. I found a passive cooled and slim solution at Amazon:
    Geekworm slim passive case

Not the cheapest but smartest solution regarding space, loudness and packaging

BR,
    Iwanman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here