Connection loss after certain time

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Connection loss after certain time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 15. Juli 2016 at 6:55 #21545

Hi everybody,
    since one week I have Pi3 running with max2play. On this Pi3 I have a hifiberry amp+ mounted. Power supply is connected
    to the amp+. Additionally I have a waveshare 7″ touch display connected. When starting the Pi everything works fine.
    But after some minutes the Wifi Connection is lost and the Touch dispplay is black. If I plug in an additional Power Supply
    to the micro USB port of the Pi3, everything works fine. So now I’m not sure, if there is a risk of bricking the Pi
    if there are 2 Pover supplies connected and also I want to have only one power supply connected.
    Any ideas? I already tried to connect a Step Down Converter between the amp+ and the Pi3 but same issue as with only
    one Power Supply on the amp+

19. Juli 2016 at 17:00 #21663

Hi Forrest,
    The two parallel power supplies should not pose any threat to your setup. This currently seems to be the simplest option. The other option would be looking for a bigger power supply for both. However, we do not have any experience with the waveshare 7″ and cannot guarantee or recommend any specific product for this device.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here