command prompt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 23. Januar 2022 at 22:49 #51962

Hi HifiBerry,

How / where do I find the command prompt for Raspberry 4, running HifiBerry Max2Play OS.
    -I have looked through the Web interface, and feel a bit stupid..

I am not planning anything fancy, it’s just that I’m not getting any sound from HifiBerry AMP2, and wished to see the return of a „aplay -l“ command.

Rgds Ras

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by radiorasmus.
    24. Januar 2022 at 13:41 #51969

Hi Ras,

I’m afraid you’re in the wrong place. Unfortunately, we can only help you with the HiFiBerry OS to a limited extent, as we primarily offer support for Max2Play here.The best thing to do is to ask your question again to the HiFiBerry support team.
    I believe that the HiFiberry web interface does not have a command line option. Therefore, as far as I know, your only option is to connect a monitor via hdmi and access a terminal with a mouse and keyboard. Or you can connect to the device via Putty. To do this, you must activate „Remote Login“ in the web interface.

24. Januar 2022 at 18:25 #51971

Hi Mario,

<sigh!>. The rasp is running Max2Play’s OS. I have corrected my initial post. Could you give me a second chance.

B.rgds ras

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by radiorasmus.
    25. Januar 2022 at 12:26 #51975

No problem 🙂 With Max2Play you have 2 possibilities to execute commands: using the Remote Control Plugin or the Run Command Plugin. You can activate these in Settings/Reboot. Otherwise, you can of course connect a screen to the Pi again and open a terminal there.

25. Januar 2022 at 13:21 #51984

Hi Mario,

Ok, I can do that.

I was confused because reading on the HifiBerry homepage, which sparked my question on command prompt.

My issue is an RB4 + AMP2 install I did for a friend. After endless problems with Spottify-Connect, I have bought him a better router and flashed his SD card. Problems with Spotti are solved, but AMP2 is not producing any sound output. I am a little buggered, and will go to his home tonight, but we have already remotly doubled checked all settings and obvious issus. I’ll try three additional questions, the ones I am most likely to need answers for this evening.

1. Can I see in the logs if AMP2 is correctly mounted and recognized by PI4?
    2. Any commands you could recommmend for investigation?
    3. What is required to declare the AMP2 as defect?

B.rgds Ras

25. Januar 2022 at 13:43 #51985

You could first check via the web interface whether the sound card was recognised correctly. To do this, install the HiFiBerry plugin and select the Amp2 from the list, then click on Save. After a restart, the Amp2 should be recognised. If you have already activated the Amp2, you can select „none“ from the list, save, restart and then repeat the procedure. If the Amp2 is recognised correctly, 3 volume controls should appear in the HiFiBerry plugin. In the advanced options of Squeezelite (in the audio player plugin) „sysdefault…hifiberry…“ should be selected as sound output. However, if only the internal sound outputs are displayed there, then the sound card is probably defective.
    Only when you have set up the sound card via the web interface will you be able to see it via commands such as aplay or alsamixer.

25. Januar 2022 at 14:10 #51986

Hi Mario,

Thanks,

„If the Amp2 is recognised correctly, 3 volume controls should appear in the HiFiBerry plugin.“
    -I confirm, they appear. So far, so good.

„In the advanced options of Squeezelite (in the audio player plugin) „sysdefault…hifiberry…“ should be selected as sound output.“
    -I found this in my own device, easy enough to locate (tx), I’ll see what it says on the troubled device this evening. One thing though, from setting up from the new image, I killed the Squeezelight, Shaireport & Gmediarender <link> as I thought none of them where needed. I tinker with squeezelight this evening.

I hope the AMP2 is alive and well, Inshalla. If ever you need a crashtest dummy, for advanced super testing, then I’ll put my friend forward. He can break anything….I should never have let him out of his cage ;).

B.rgds Ras

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here