cifs mount not working after NAS (Synology) reboot

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons cifs mount not working after NAS (Synology) reboot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 26. August 2018 at 13:13 #37334

Hi,
    I have my raspberry with max2play and the LMS permanently running – mostly listening to radio.
    The NAS with our music files on it is only switched on when we want to listen to our music.
    Once I had everything set up, this was working pretty well. We just had to remember not to select any music on the NAS when it is not switched on.

Recently this stopped working: Once the NAS was down for a time and is switched back on, it is not possible to play the music from the NAS until I reboot the raspberry, as well.

I keep both systems on the current system version. (m2p 2.46, DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1 — ok, there is a newer version, I just see…)
    This may be due to updates of either system or even additional packages installed on the NAS. Unfortunately, I cannot pin down the time at which this stopped working very well. Sorry.

27. August 2018 at 10:45 #37546

Hi peter,

Please check whether your NAS receives a new IP address when it starts up again. Try fixing its IP if it is not yet and point the mount to the IP instead of the name.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here