"Choose Player" for touch screen

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI "Choose Player" for touch screen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 7. März 2018 at 6:53 #34250

I’ve installed max2play on a Raspberry pi3 with a 3.5inch waveshare clone LCD. It works but I’m confused how to get a music player installed.

I want my wife to be able to go to the pi screen, press a playlist she has made which is stored on the NAS, and have it play. She uses musicbee so I think the LMS/Squeeze thing is another step I don’t want/need. Musicbee does everything she needs and is super flexible, so I should be able to get the pi/linux to talk to it.

Have /mnt/share setup as the location of the music on my NAS, through m2p web interface. That works.
    I installed Jivelite with the small lcd skin, works fine.
    It says „Choose Player“ when I try to go to my music.
    No players are present.

gmediarender won’t install, is it what I’m after? Is that a simple player that will live inside jivelite? Or should I try to get ampache or something in there? Recommendations?

Thank you for any advice!

8. März 2018 at 14:08 #34279

Hi tomalt,

Jivelite is exclusive to the Squeezebox system and the Squeezelite player. You need a Squeezebox Server and Squeezelite both running in order to use Jivelite. Both do not need a lot of processing power and you only need to install the server with one click while Squeezelite comes preinstalled.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here