Cant see max2play

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2. Mai 2016 at 20:42 #20021

Hi all
    I sorted my M2P with an accesspoint which I now use in my car/caravan late last year and now I’m wanting to replace my SqueezePlug with M2P.
    I have built it and all it works…
    At the moment I use iPeng and LMS to play my music, it is even connecting to another M2P in the kitchen.

My problem is my windows PC I can’t see Max2play at all, but it’s there ortherwise none of the above will work.
    In my Windows file manager (computer-shortcut) I can see my squeezebox touch and a few other media devices, I can also see my telly and my router and iphone, but not M2P.

Needless to say this creates all sorts of problems. The obvious one is that I have to take my hard-drive off the M2P and plug it into my windows PC and dump any new files on it that way, but I know this is’nt right. All I have installed is the standard package. I am sure I have missed something

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Alex.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Alex.
    4. Mai 2016 at 15:19 #20044

Hi alex,
    You can create a Samba Share on your M2P device under „Filesystem/Mount“. This folder on your Pi’s SD card is then shared in your local network and accessible for all other devices. You can follow the guidelines and example parameters to configure your preferred share.

4. Mai 2016 at 15:39 #20046

Hi Heiner
    Thanks for your reply.
    Thats what I though but I tried that and it did’nt work. I also watched the youtube clip and still not sucsess.
    If this is suppose to work,its me thats a fault.And that is’nt suprising because I really don’t know how fill the boxes, or should I say what path to see the HD attached to Pi.
    I really would appreciate some help if possible Heiner. Do I also have to use a User name for Samba access and password, should’nt my router deal with this.
    Do I need this bit ?

Thanks in advance
    Alex

4. Mai 2016 at 16:20 #20047

Okay,
    You can use the example 1 since you probably want to write on the share as well as read:
    Name: usbshare
    Path: /media/usb
    writeable: yes
    Create Mode: 0777

Except if you want to use a share on the SD card and not a constantly connected usb drive to be your share, you need to use another folder. You can use home/pi/downloads. Now, just click save and the share is created. If you have not yet, also create a password to enter from your windows pc, you can leave root as the user name.
    Now, if you go to your PC’s explorer, under network you should find the element \\MAX2PLAY. If you click it, it will ask for your user name and password, type those in and you can access the share, add files, delete them or copy them to your PC.

5. Mai 2016 at 8:22 #20054

Hi Heiner

This is really very kind of you. I really appreciate it.

Because of work commitments I’m not going to be able to try this until tomorrow, but I will and I’ll let you know what happens.
    But all this is great and I can’t wait to try it, it will make life so much easier

Thanks again
    Alex

9. Mai 2016 at 11:33 #20075

Hi Heiner

I have been trying to get my head around this and unfortunately I still can’t see it whatever I do

I did as you said which was to go to Samabshare and fill in the boxes as you put in your reply

I also tried other alternative paths thinking I could find another way and sadly it’s still not working

What I can see is the LMS under the media devices when I look under network

But I don’t see M2P listed, which is odd because I can get to its homepage.

I feel this is something simple, but I just can’t see it, really frustrating
    Is there anything else you might be able to suggest Heiner.
    Thanks alex

11. Mai 2016 at 15:44 #20086

Hi alex,
    Does the Max2Play web interface show you the successfully added Samba Share? Also, have you tried typing \\max2play into your Windows Explorer bar?

12. Mai 2016 at 0:22 #20093

Hi Heiner

Yes I can see it in samba when I open the page, just as you asked me to do it
    As I mentioned before Heiner, under my network path in MY computer under network media devices, I can see „logitech server (max2play)“ and „max2play“. I also can see my „Squeezebox touch“ and my PC that I am working on now.

If I enter \\max2play using firefox I get nothing

Alex

12. Mai 2016 at 12:09 #20095

Not your browser, but your Windows Explorer bar where you can see the path you are currently on in your computer’s folders. With Windows it should read something like C:\User\etc.
    Just type in the name of your Samba Share (in this case \\max2play) there.

12. Mai 2016 at 20:05 #20106

Hi Heiner

Thanks for the reply

I did what you asked and, still nothing

In my router however I get this. M2P is not listed as being there although its connected by a cable ?
    Firewall issues maybe ?

2.4 GHz Wireless: SqueezeboxTouch 00:04:20:22:c2:ca
    android-341d376db…
    android-1415f1937…
    5 GHz Wireless: iPhone
    COM-MID1
    Ethernet: Alex-PC
    USB: No devices detected

However if I just type max2play in my explorer browser I get another window opening called
    „choose media streaming opyions for computers and devices“

On this page I can see max2play but it’s only a square icon along with other things I think I can recognise

I have a BT home hub router do you think maybe this is the problem.
    Alex

23. Mai 2016 at 14:42 #20219

Hi Alex,
    We have not had any experience with a BT home hub router, but it should not be a problem. Have you tried burning a fresh image? Because it seems there are several issues that usually do not come up in the Max2Play web interface.

3. Juni 2016 at 10:41 #20469

Hi Heiner
    I have burned another image and still I can’t see my files using windows explorer or windows files manager.

Could it be anything to do with this ??

Under filesysystem, samba shares I have
    Name: max2play-usb
    Path:/media/usb
    Comment: blank
    Writeable: yes
    Create mode: 0777

I have also noticed Sambashare Accsess (do I need to set this up, if so how)
    The password is pre typed in the box as : root
    So I picked a password and entered it and saved it
    The followed the instructions but in the instructions it says right click and connect to network drive.
    I only see, Map to network drive or disconnect network drive
    However if I continue and choose Map to network drive I get a box with a drive letter, this case it’s Z and under it there’s a place I can either write the path of my drive, which I put in //MAX2PLAY/max2play-usb
    This says its not recognised.
    Also should I fix the LAN address, I have done both and it makes no differance ?
    And after all this the system works, I just can’t see my HD using windows, I really hope you can suggest a few more ideas, Thanks again Alex

3. Juni 2016 at 14:06 #20490

Hi alex,
    The „root“ is the user, you should indeed enter a password, leave root as your username and click save. I just tested it again with our newest build and it worked fine. You should see „MAX2PLAY“ as a network device in your Windows Explorer, right below your computer’s hard drives.

3. Juni 2016 at 14:58 #20499

Hi Heiner
    Thanks again for this
    I will get a new „untouched“ memory card and give this another try over the weekend, really appreciate your help
    Alex

2. Juli 2018 at 12:51 #36437

Hi Heiner
    Well your suggestion is giving me better results than before.
    The first time I did this it worked..

Sadley, the wifi connection between the M2P and the phone is constantly dropping out (loosing connection).
    I could’nt find this problem on the forum so I made a clean image and same thing happened again, it just keeps dropping out.

From memory over a year ago, this is what used to happen to me before, well after I updated my image one day so I just gave up on the idea. But I really really would like a standalone system in three different locations, so I need to get this working but not sure what else to do. Have you experianced this Heiner or know what I might be. And I’m using squeezer. Thanks again (ps I’m sure it will work via a router, but I’m trying to avoid this)

11. Juli 2018 at 12:40 #36532

Hi alex,

This is different from phone to phone, but there should be some option to allow a steady connection despite not having an active internet access. If this is somehow not provided, the phone might see the network as faulty and automatically disconnects.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here