Can't install Squeezebox Server

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Can't install Squeezebox Server

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 8. Dezember 2017 at 17:51 #32838

I have a fresh install on a new pi 3. When I try to install Squeezebox Server 7.9 nightly, an error message briefly flashes up. I’m not quite sure what it says, but I think it is to the effect that the version does not exist.

Surely error messages should be persistent so that we can see what’s happening.

Also, I find it confusing that the webpage says to use 7.9 nightly, although it also lists what appears to be a stable version of 7.9. I tried this also, but got the same sort of error.

I’d be grateful for some help

8. Dezember 2017 at 18:28 #32840

I don’t know if this is connected, but I note that the Start page says that an update is available, but this message persists even after I’ve apparently done the update successfully

12. Dezember 2017 at 10:57 #32881

Hi Richard,

The message should not be present in Max2Play version 2.45, our most current version. Please make sure that this version is displayed in the top right corner of your web interface.

When you press the update button in Settings/Reboot, please share what output Max2Play shows.

27. Februar 2018 at 3:31 #34091

Hi there
    I am having this same issue. Running Max2play 2.45 on a Pi 3B.
    Previously had everything working great… then a couple days ago I could no longer access the web administration.
    I made a new image, restarted the pi. Max2play is running (and I updated to 2.45) but when I try to install Squeezebox Server (either Nightly 7.9 or v7.9.0) it starts unpacking and then quits. I quickly see an error notice that the version doesn’t exist, then the yellow box disappears.
    Any help is appreciated.
    B

28. Februar 2018 at 11:54 #34141

Hi bigsur78,

I just set up a tester with a new install of 7.9.0 and unfortunately could not reproduce the error. The install went through. Could you share the error messages in detail here? It should be logged in the debug info window below.

28. Februar 2018 at 15:15 #34142

Hi Heiner
    I created this thread last night as I hadn’t heard anything on this one.

Squeezebox Server not installing… file doesn't exist?

Debug info is there.
    Thanks for your help.
    Brad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here