Can't get Google Music plugin to load

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Can't get Google Music plugin to load

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 30. März 2018 at 17:53 #34912

I installed the Google Music plugin using the UI, no errors appeared during installation. If I then go into the Squeezebox server admin, settings though, it says „Plugin failed to load“, what am I missing?

Max2Play version: Version 2.45

Thanks
    Carl

2. April 2018 at 22:16 #34932

I get the same although mine does say „E: Unable to locate package libio-socket-perl“ during installation

4. April 2018 at 11:08 #34963

Hi guys,

Did you burn the Stretch or the Jessie Image?

4. April 2018 at 12:27 #34970

I only just reinstalled the stretch image last week. Has anyone got google music working?

Dave

4. April 2018 at 14:22 #34972

I last tested it successfully on the Jessie Image. I will try to look into it.

4. April 2018 at 15:31 #34975

I reinstalled the Jessie image, the google music plugin looks to install ok but no version of the LMS server will launch. I had this problem originally and was told to install the stretch.

Im on a RPi2

Dave

5. April 2018 at 11:31 #34994

Hi Dave,

Sorry about the hassle.

You need to make a beta update and then reinstall the server for nightly 7.9 to work. The normal 7.9 should work regardless.

5. April 2018 at 15:54 #35007

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

What do you mean by „make a beta update“ where do I do that?

Thanks

Dave

5. April 2018 at 17:04 #35008

Hi Dave,

I was not clear, excuse me.

Head to Settings/Reboot menu, there’s a button called „Update2Beta Max2Play“ in the middle of the page. After the update, you should see the date of the current beta displayed in the top right corner.
    However, we also just released a fix for GMusic Plugin in our Stretch Image beta. If it works correctly, we will include it in the official next version 2.46 of Max2Play. You can check it out already as a Premium member (beta updates are Premium only).

9. April 2018 at 0:46 #35065

Hi Heiner,

I have finally got the google music plugin to install. I followed your instructions.

I just need to get it to take my app password.

I found an old cheap android tablet I had in storage, installed Google Music and found the device ID

I created an app password to get around the 2 factor auth.

It just wont take the password and login. I might need to contact the plugin creator

Thanks
    David

10. April 2018 at 10:42 #35098

Hi David,

Make sure the device ID and login are entered correctly, usually this is all you should need for it to run.

28. Oktober 2018 at 20:04 #41737

Hey Guys.

Followed all the instructions here. Beta version M2P, LMS 7.9 nightly, special GMusic plugin install. Result is negative (from the LMS log file):

Can’t locate Inline.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Inline module) (@INC contains: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24.1/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24.1/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.24 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl-base) at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/GoogleAPI.pm line 73.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/GoogleAPI.pm line 73.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Settings.pm line 20.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Settings.pm line 20.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Plugin.pm line 24.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Plugin.pm line 24.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 806) line 1.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at (eval 806) line 1.

[18-10-28 10:56:39.1718] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn’t load Plugins::GoogleMusic::Plugin

29. Oktober 2018 at 18:37 #41749

Hi atmfrank,

Thanks for informing us, this seems to be a new issue. I will discuss this with our head developer and get back to your asap.

29. Oktober 2018 at 19:19 #41750

Hallo Heiner und Team.

Here is some more information, I have a working installation of LMS 7.92 and GMusic plugin vers. 0.60, which I installed earlier from the external repo and not via the „special plugin“ method. Vers. 0.60 remains at this version and doesn’t auto-update. The problem is from a fresh install of M2P/LMS/GMusic, which shows up as vers. 0.70 as the only option. I had a hard time finding the older 0.60 version, using known repos for a manual install.

The working installation is on a RPI3B (Allo DigiOne) and the failing is on a RPI3B+ (Allo Piano 2.1). Unsure if that matters or not.

Gute Arbeit und viele Grüße, -frank

1. November 2018 at 10:20 #41782

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the detailed info, we will try to find a fix based on your findings.

11. November 2018 at 5:07 #41921

I cannot get the plugin to load either. The installation looked to be smooth, I rebooted both the pi and LMS multiple times. Here’s the log output –

[18-11-11 03:10:15.7266] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::GoogleMusic::Plugin] failed to load:
    Error — py_eval raised an exception at /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24.1/Inline/Python.pm line 177.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/GoogleAPI.pm line 74.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Settings.pm line 20.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Settings.pm line 20.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Plugin.pm line 24.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/GoogleMusic/Plugin.pm line 24.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 886) line 1.
    BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at (eval 886) line 1.

[18-11-11 03:10:15.7359] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn’t load Plugins::GoogleMusic::Plugin

This looks similar to the issue someone mentioned earlier in this thread. I’m using a raspberry pi 3B+, max2play Version 2.47, LMS version 7.9.1.

Thanks

11. November 2018 at 7:34 #41922

I figured out how to fix this. Google music api was not loading correctly. It was missing some required dependencies and was not completing installation. I manually pulled the gmusic api from the github repo, ran the install script and watched for errors. I had to add some required python libraries using pip install <x> (and apt-get), several times, until I was able to finish building the app without errors. Once google music api was properly installed, the google music plugin loaded just fine. Everything is working now.
    I would recommend that when pushing out newer versions of max2play, you guys make sure that you include all required dependencies for gmusic „out of the box“.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Hisma.
    12. November 2018 at 12:40 #41958

Hi Hisma,

Thank you for informing us! I will discuss this with our head developer and let you know here when we updated the plugin.

20. November 2018 at 12:47 #42156

Hi Hisma,

We already included the correct library, the output error comes up because we have an install command for both version in case somebody before Stretch is using it. However, we are fixing the faulty install sequence output. While it does not impede on the installation (your error might have been connected to the Raspberry servers, try installing again when it doesn’t start), it does confuse people as to whether the process was successful.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here