Cannot install updated BBCXMLParser.pm file

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Cannot install updated BBCXMLParser.pm file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 20. März 2016 at 8:38 #19382

After burning a new max2play image for my Odroid (to fix another problem) I now want to configure it so that my Squeezebox set up is working as it was before. To get the BBC iPlayer plugin working I am following the instructions here :

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103435-BBCiPlayer-Plugins-an-alternative-quick-fix-guide

However I cannot replace the BBCXMLParser.pm file with the new one. If I signon with Filezilla using Odroid / Odroid , Port 22 I just get the following message when I try to delete or rename the old file:
    Status: Deleting „/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer/BBCXMLParser.pm“
    Command: rm „/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer/BBCXMLParser.pm“
    Error: rm /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer/BBCXMLParser.pm: permission denied

If I use file manager in the max2play gui, I still get a permission denied message. I managed to do it last year but I cannot remember how.
    Do I need to change user permissions or something? How do I solve this? Sorry but I am a complete numpti at Linux command line stuff.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Nojelc.
    • This topic was modified 8 years ago by Nojelc.
    21. März 2016 at 14:43 #19391

Hi Nojelc,
    You need root access to change files in your image. You can either log on as odroid and then as root with the command „su root“ or log in directly with root. The password is „max2play“. However, we do not recommend using this login for usual tasks.

22. März 2016 at 8:25 #19400

Thanks, task completed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here